Community

phone number theft

Started by: ambeauty
On: 27/12/2018 | 13:41
Replies: 7

by: ambeauty
on: 27/12/2018 | 13:41

My giffgaff mobile number stopped functioning on December 22 2018

I have written to Complaints@giffgaff.com, given tham my simcard number,  changed my password but someone else is using my mobile phone number.  

Anyone else sufferd the same scam. How does one  regain mobilephone service 

AMBeauty

Message 1 of 8
by: sjd75
on: 27/12/2018 | 13:44
Hello did you use that sim to make a call or send a text message in the past 6 months so the sim is kept active ?
Message 2 of 8
by: boblog
on: 27/12/2018 | 13:46
Hi there, it sounds like your number has been ported out. Has your account been hacked? You may need to contact an agent to explain what has happened, but a PAC must have been requested from your account.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 8
by: matthewhill1996
on: 27/12/2018 | 13:48

Hi , did you use the number in the 6 months prior?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 8
by: giffgaff20147
on: 27/12/2018 | 13:52

@ambeauty

Hello never reply to any emails saying they from giffgaff if they contain a link there are a few about the link will take you to a false login page they are after your details and bank details 

you really should have told us straight away ,

you need the agents not complaints 

please see this link and contact agents on it https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Heads-up-on-some-scams-protect-yourself/td-p/2224127...

Message 5 of 8
by: figment_uk
on: 27/12/2018 | 13:59

@ambeauty

It appears that you may be the victim of number hijacking.   This can only happen if the other person gained access to your giffgaff account, so you should immediately change your giffgaff password.   You should also change your password on any other site where you use the same email and password combination.   NEVER use the same password on more than one site.

As a precaution, you should also alert your bank to the possibility of fraudulent activity - especially if your phone number is used to receive One Time Passcodes.

Did you receive any unexpected emails or texts from giffgaff saying your number transfer or SIM swap was under way?

Is your number still shown on your giffgaff dashboard? https://giffgaff.com/dashboard

Are the correct name, address and email details shown on your account? 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 6 of 8
by: paul_d_
community giff-staffer

on: 27/12/2018 | 15:00

Hi @ambeauty

Paul here from the giffgaff Community team.

Sorry to hear about your issue, I 've sent you a private message which can be read here: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage if you can respond to our escalations team at your convenience that would be superb.

Regards.

Paul

giffgaff Educator

giffgaff Educator

Message 7 of 8
by: paul_d_
community giff-staffer

on: 27/12/2018 | 16:34

Hi @ambeauty

I have sent you another Private Message.

Paul.

giffgaff Educator

Message 8 of 8