Community

please help

Started by: anthmurphy
On: 12/08/2015 | 17:50
Replies: 7

Go to best answer
by: anthmurphy
on: 12/08/2015 | 17:50
OK so earlier today I posted this.........

"I bought a Xperia Z3 Plus About 2 weeks ago I had to send it back as the camera was faulty.

I have received the replacement today But it has arrived with a new SIM Pack. I also have an email worded the same as my first order. It is worded in a way that suggests payment for the handset was taken again. I'm assuming that isn't the case.

But the Main issue Is that I like the number I received With the telephone And I have passed on this telephone number To my new employer And would like to keep that number But because I have been sent a new SIM I'm not sure which sim I should be using?

Can I just go ahead and put the old SIM into the new phone and continue with my allowance?

Or am I expected to use the new sim?"

I got lots of answers saying not to worry just put the old sim in. I did that and giffgaff came on screen and I had 4 bars of reception... I proceed to set everything up on my new phone assuming the network side of things was OK. however I've just try to send a text and make a telephone call and neither are working the text just fails and calls don't connect they fail too.

it's almost like my service has been cut off
Message 1 of 8
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: endorphin
on: 12/08/2015 | 17:55
I suggest then that you SIM swap to the SIM that came with the phone. Follow this guide http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/What-is-SIM-Swap/ta-p/7320084

You will then keep your current number, airtime credit and/or goodybag. The swap itself should take no more than 10 minutes normally (but in some cases can take up to 24 hours).
Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 6 of 8
by: johnstilwell
on: 12/08/2015 | 17:51

Use the existing sim and keep the new one as a spare

Message 2 of 8
on: 12/08/2015 | 17:52
Yes I suggest you put your old SIM into the phone and continue with that. You won't be expected to use the new SIM, so please can you

Dial *100# for your airtime credit (payg) balance.
Dial *100*7# for details of your current goodybag

What do they say?
Message 3 of 8
on: 12/08/2015 | 17:54
I get an error code.. "not active"
Message 4 of 8
by: williamwalker
on: 12/08/2015 | 17:54
If web is working IE data it sounds like the sim is still registering keep turning phone on and off til sim kicks in
It can take up to 24 hours
Message 5 of 8
on: 12/08/2015 | 17:55
I suggest then that you SIM swap to the SIM that came with the phone. Follow this guide http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/What-is-SIM-Swap/ta-p/7320084

You will then keep your current number, airtime credit and/or goodybag. The swap itself should take no more than 10 minutes normally (but in some cases can take up to 24 hours).
Message 6 of 8
on: 12/08/2015 | 18:52
Sim swap worked within 5 mins.. Thanks a lot
Message 8 of 8