receiving international texts?

Started by: heatherbat
On: 26/01/2012 | 06:27
Replies: 18

Go to best answer
by: heatherbat
on: 26/01/2012 | 06:27

Hello Smiley Happy

I will be in the UK next week and I have a giffgaff sim activated and ready to use, but my friend who got it for me purchased a goody bag (as I requested) and I didn't realize I would also need to buy extra credit to call the US. Since I don't have a UK debit card I will have to purchase a top up voucher once I arrive, but will it be possible for me to receive international texts if they come through before I get the voucher? Also, once I get the extra credit added, will it cost anything to receive texts from the US? 

Thank you in advanceSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 19
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: rochessel
on: 26/01/2012 | 06:31
It won't cost you anything to recieve texts and calls from out of the uk. It's only when your roaming that you get charged to recieve a call Smiley Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 19
by: mitchell2010
Goodybags are for use in the UK only yes :-)

see here for international pricing- http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing

:-)
Smiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Happy

order a "hybrid" sim which can be used as a standard sim or can be pinched into a micro sim Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 19
It won't cost you anything to recieve texts and calls from out of the uk. It's only when your roaming that you get charged to recieve a call Smiley Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 19
Highlighted
on: 26/01/2012 | 06:32
Have a lovely time in the uk Smiley Wink
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 4 of 19
by: welshdragon92
on: 26/01/2012 | 06:34
It wount cost you to recive international calls when your in the uk.
See here about costs to make international calls http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing
An you will have to get a top up voucher. Ask for an O2 or giffgaff voucher. They both work
Microsims here http://ggs.im/m-welshdragon92
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 19
by: thewww
on: 26/01/2012 | 06:35
No charge to receive standard text messages from any country if you in the UK with an activated sim
Message 6 of 19
on: 26/01/2012 | 06:41

Thank you so much for your help! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19
by: mitchell2010
on: 26/01/2012 | 06:41
No problem thats what we are here for Smiley Wink
Smiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Happy

order a "hybrid" sim which can be used as a standard sim or can be pinched into a micro sim Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 19
on: 26/01/2012 | 06:42

And thank you, I'm really excited! I can't wait to get there!Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
by: lmaina2004
on: 26/01/2012 | 06:42
receiving calls and texts does not cost you a thing while in the UK. Also receiving txts while roaming is free but receiving calls will cost you while roaming.
Message 10 of 19