Community

rejected payment for new phone

Started by: juliecmorris
On: 30/04/2015 | 20:16
Replies: 9

Go to best answer
by: juliecmorris
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:16
Last night I tried to order a new phone and goody bag. Firstly I chose to pay minimum deposit and then pay for phobe and goody bag over 24 months. This got rejected. I then tried paying for the phone in full and only payibg for goodybag monthly. That also got rejected. My credit scores are excellent and i am financially secure. Is there a reason for this rejection? Many thanks
Message 1 of 10
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: satheeshukt
on: 30/04/2015 | 21:13 edited: 30/04/2015 | 21:16

Hi, if the buying the phone outright is also got rejected, then it's most likely the payment issues with your debit card or giffgaff system not able to identify your address, etc... There is no credit search done when paying upfront all, anyone can buy it as long as they pay full, only for monthly payments credit search is done.

I would advise try to contact an agent by sending a message from the following link, they should tell you atleast what's going on with your order:
https://giffgaff.com/support/ask
Pls note that agents take upto 24hrs to respond but usually within few hours.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 10
by: 147brian21573
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:20
Have you been living in the UK for at least the last 3 years?
Message 2 of 10
by: umaradam96
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:26
Sorry to hear about that. The best thing for you to do in this case is to contact am agent
Don't forget to give me a kudos. to activate a sim from me use the link below:-
https://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/umaradam96
Message 3 of 10
by: muhammadalihussain
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:29
You could ask an agent why you are being rejected: https://giffgaff.com/support/ask

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 10
by: marka2
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:37 edited: 30/04/2015 | 20:39

@juliecmorris wrote:
Last night I tried to order a new phone and goody bag. Firstly I chose to pay minimum deposit and then pay for phobe and goody bag over 24 months. This got rejected. I then tried paying for the phone in full and only payibg for goodybag monthly. That also got rejected. My credit scores are excellent and i am financially secure. Is there a reason for this rejection? Many thanks

If you got turned down for paying outright, it could be a problem relating to delivery and billing address mismatch

It could also be your bank rejecting the payment 

Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
by: klccklcc
on: 30/04/2015 | 20:44
you wont be told, you just fail their check for some reason.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 10
by: juliecmorris
on: 30/04/2015 | 21:12
Yes lived here all my life.
Message 7 of 10
by: satheeshukt
on: 30/04/2015 | 21:13 edited: 30/04/2015 | 21:16

Hi, if the buying the phone outright is also got rejected, then it's most likely the payment issues with your debit card or giffgaff system not able to identify your address, etc... There is no credit search done when paying upfront all, anyone can buy it as long as they pay full, only for monthly payments credit search is done.

I would advise try to contact an agent by sending a message from the following link, they should tell you atleast what's going on with your order:
https://giffgaff.com/support/ask
Pls note that agents take upto 24hrs to respond but usually within few hours.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 10
by: stejross
on: 30/04/2015 | 21:30
If you ring ratesetter, the company who provides the loans for giffgaffs monthly payment scheme they may look into it and realise that the system has made a mistake if you say that there is nothing wrong with your credit rating. They might tell you if it was a simple error in the application procedure on your part. There doesn't seem any reason why you could not buy it outright because that does not involve any loan application. Check if your bank has blocked it for some reason and contact an agent to ask if they can check why it was refused.
Message 9 of 10
by: hrankin95
on: 28/07/2015 | 20:17

I've been rejected saying my card details are wrong but i'm 1000000000000000% sure they are right, tried over 50 times, it'ssuch a waste of my time, can i call someone about this? Can't find a number on this website 

Message 10 of 10