On: 14/08/2011 | 22:08
Replies: 11

by: natrilbornkilla
on: 14/08/2011 | 22:08

hi does any one know apn settings for samsung galaxy s2

Message 1 of 12
by: philiplittle40
on: 14/08/2011 | 22:10

Best way is to download giffgaff apn app from marketplace using wifi. Run and select option 2 to delete other apns. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
by: adrian74
on: 14/08/2011 | 22:11

If you've got wifi, theres an APN app you can download from the Android store which will do it all for you.

if you don't have wifi access, see here http://support.giffgaff.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/610

Message 3 of 12
by: suse22
on: 14/08/2011 | 22:11

@natrilbornkilla wrote:

Simplest method..... use wifi to browse to the Android Market, download and install the 'giffgaffAPN' app. Run the app and select option 2. That will install a clean GG APN. You should then be ok.

(Note, this info was obtained from AlanT, my other half).

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 12
by: morvin
on: 14/08/2011 | 22:12
http://bit.ly/giffgaffandroid
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Please give 'KUDOS' if you like my post. If my answer helped then please click 'Accept as Solution'
Message 5 of 12
by: alant
on: 14/08/2011 | 22:13

@suse22 wrote:

@natrilbornkilla wrote:

Simplest method..... use wifi to browse to the Android Market, download and install the 'giffgaffAPN' app. Run the app and select option 2. That will install a clean GG APN. You should then be ok.

(Note, this info was obtained from AlanT, my other half).

Why thank you my dearSmiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 12
by: allwyn
on: 14/08/2011 | 22:54

Basic APN Settings. Which "should" work on all phones.

Manual Settings:

GPRS-3G Settings

Connection Name: giffgaff - GPRS
APN - Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Proxy Server Address: 193.113.200.195
Proxy Port:8080
Login - Username: giffgaff
Password: password
MCC: 234
MNC: 10

MMS Settings

Connection Name: giffgaff - MMS
APN - Access Point Name: giffgaff.com
Username: giffgaff
Password: password
Server: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMSC: http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy: 193.113.200.195
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 10

APN type: mms

Message 7 of 12
by: frazerclark
on: 14/08/2011 | 23:30
For handsets running the Android OS, there is a program available that installs everything within seconds.

You will need access to a Wi-Fi network in order to do so.

Once connected, search for an application called 'Giffgaff APN', once found download and allow it to install.

Then run the application, and select the first option which installs the required settings for Giffgaff, but also removes any other, now essentially 'void' settings that you would have used in the past.

Also, for your MMS service to work, you may also be required to text 'MMS' to 1010. This will set the service up for you. (took a few hours to complete for me)

If you have any further problems don't hesitate to post back!
If my post helped, please click the Yellow star below my username. If my post answered your question and it's now sorted, click 'Accept as Solution', this way it will prevent any more duplicate answers from being posted.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 12
by: alant
on: 14/08/2011 | 23:33

@frazerclark wrote:
For handsets running the Android OS, there is a program available that installs everything within seconds.

You will need access to a Wi-Fi network in order to do so.

Once connected, search for an application called 'Giffgaff APN', once found download and allow it to install.

Then run the application, and select the first option which installs the required settings for Giffgaff, but also removes any other, now essentially 'void' settings that you would have used in the past.

Also, for your MMS service to work, you may also be required to text 'MMS' to 1010. This will set the service up for you. (took a few hours to complete for me)

If you have any further problems don't hesitate to post back!

Not for android. The giffgaffAPN app takes care of both data and MMS settings in one go.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 12
by: frazerclark
on: 14/08/2011 | 23:34
I know the application sorts out the settings, I thought texting 'MMS' to 1010 just set up the service for you, because on my iPhone I had credit and all the correct settings, and after sending 'MMS' to 1010 it would then allow me to send them.
If my post helped, please click the Yellow star below my username. If my post answered your question and it's now sorted, click 'Accept as Solution', this way it will prevent any more duplicate answers from being posted.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 12