Knowledge Base
Community

samsung sgh-g600 internet settings

Started by: leemountste120
On: 29/09/2011 | 13:11
Replies: 15

by: leemountste120
on: 29/09/2011 | 15:43

duh !! cheers for that but it won't work with either anyway. i have gone over everything so many times now that it is bugging me.

i'll have to wait for the agents reply

ste

Message 11 of 16
by: giffgafful
on: 29/09/2011 | 15:51

While waiting for an agent reply, one last thing to try after activating the profile with the giffgaff settings is to switch off your phone and restart it. If that does not do the trick, see what the agents reply. Good luck! I hope you get it sorted in the end.

Message 12 of 16
by: leemountste120
on: 29/09/2011 | 15:55

i turn it off and back on everytime i try it, thanks anway

Message 13 of 16
by: bertiebat
on: 30/09/2011 | 22:06

@leemountste120 wrote:

i turn it off and back on everytime i try it, thanks anway

This is very bizarre as I think I have a response from the agents about your issue.  It looks like the system raised a case with the agents under my account Smiley Surprised.  Because I remember responding to this thread I think this might be your message to the agents.  Ticket no 110929-000348

is there a data bar on my phone ?

i have a samsung sgh g600 and i get a network error (3.0.6 )when i try to connect to internet. i have gone thru ask the community and tried every bit of advice given 

ste 

The response at 03.05 PM from the agents is this: 

Thanks for getting in touch with the giffgaff team regarding your Internet connection.

I've had a look at your account and can see no restrictions on your account that would prevent the use of the Internet.

The next thing to do would be to firstly check that your handset is unlocked, and set up on the network correctly. 

You might find the following link helpful as this is the complete guide to the setup the Internet on giffgaffhttp://community.giffgaff.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=internet+settings

If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to contact us or alternatively you can visit our online community forums http://community.giffgaff.com/ were you can earn extra payback points and get a response within minutes.

Happy giffgaffing!

Kind Regards
@emmett @ The giffgaff team

www.giffgaff.com

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 16
by: voodoomama
on: 30/09/2011 | 22:14

@ajiaibhussain wrote:
try text active to 2020

Get it right!  It's SETTINGS to 2020, and it won't work on this phone.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Has your question been answered? Don't forget to ACCEPT A SOLUTION
Have I helped? Click on my star Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 16
by: mgb2
on: 30/09/2011 | 22:18 edited: 30/09/2011 | 22:19

@voodoomama wrote:

@ajiaibhussain wrote:
try text active to 2020

Get it right!  It's SETTINGS to 2020, and it won't work on this phone.

correct Voodoo

active is an O2 command

ajiaib is a gamer posting on all threads well after its relevant

if you want to report it click options on his (her) post

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
be nice, kudos where due, solution if earnt
Message 16 of 16