khalid1066
Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: ben199814
on: 12/11/2014 | 20:07
Question

I’ve recovered my lost stolen phone / SIM how do I get the bar lifted?

Answer

You've found your phone and / or SIM - that's great news!

SIM: If you reported your SIM as lost / stolen and ordered a replacement SIM, your old one won't work anymore. We ordered a replacement SIM card as soon as you declared your SIM lost.  It will arrive at your address within 5 working days. Once it arrives you'll need to activate the SIM here. Your phone number will be automatically transferred to this new SIM card.

If you only had it temporarily suspended, we'll get it un-suspended for you. Click here and select the categories "Your giffgaff SIM and services" and then "Lost / Stolen SIM or handset".

Handset: If you blacklisted your handset but finally found it, please let us know and we'll unblock it.

We'll need your handset's IMEI. It is easy to find, just dial*#06# and it will be sent to your phone.

Send this number to us by clicking here and select the categories "Your giffgaff SIM and services" and then "Lost / Stolen SIM or handset".

In order to have the handset / IMEI bar lifted, the replacement SIM must have been received and fully activated. Further to this, the handset / IMEI bar will take up to 5 working days to be removed by the escalations / tech team.

Did I Help? Let Me Know With KUDOS [+★]
Is Your Question Resolved? Please Set A BEST ANSWER
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
by: ben199814
on: 12/11/2014 | 20:07
Question

I’ve recovered my lost stolen phone / SIM how do I get the bar lifted?

Answer

You've found your phone and / or SIM - that's great news!

SIM: If you reported your SIM as lost / stolen and ordered a replacement SIM, your old one won't work anymore. We ordered a replacement SIM card as soon as you declared your SIM lost.  It will arrive at your address within 5 working days. Once it arrives you'll need to activate the SIM here. Your phone number will be automatically transferred to this new SIM card.

If you only had it temporarily suspended, we'll get it un-suspended for you. Click here and select the categories "Your giffgaff SIM and services" and then "Lost / Stolen SIM or handset".

Handset: If you blacklisted your handset but finally found it, please let us know and we'll unblock it.

We'll need your handset's IMEI. It is easy to find, just dial*#06# and it will be sent to your phone.

Send this number to us by clicking here and select the categories "Your giffgaff SIM and services" and then "Lost / Stolen SIM or handset".

In order to have the handset / IMEI bar lifted, the replacement SIM must have been received and fully activated. Further to this, the handset / IMEI bar will take up to 5 working days to be removed by the escalations / tech team.

Did I Help? Let Me Know With KUDOS [+★]
Is Your Question Resolved? Please Set A BEST ANSWER
Message 2 of 5
by: mcilwraith
on: 12/11/2014 | 20:09 edited: 12/11/2014 | 20:11

if its a replacement sim activate it and it should be ok to use in another phone

if it doesnt work after 24 hours then you need to contact an agent

if you have found your phone it will take at least 5 working days to unbar it

https://giffgaff.com/support/sim-and-number/lost-and-stolen

Message 4 of 5
by: galaxys3limited
on: 12/11/2014 | 20:10
Ask the agent as this is an account related issue
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 5