Knowledge Base
Community

sim card

Started by: aliciadunnill
On: 15/03/2019 | 18:52
Replies: 2

by: aliciadunnill
on: 15/03/2019 | 18:52
I sent off for a giffgaff SIM card for my friend that has been activated and used but I have not received my free £5 credit
Message 1 of 3
by: figment_uk
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:00

@aliciadunnill 

Your recruit gets their bonus straight away.  You have to wait a while for yours.   Read on for full info:

When a new recruit activates one of your affiliate SIM cards to join giffgaff, they receive £5 bonus credit within 24 hours of adding their first topup or goodybag (it's usually instant).   

For your first recruit, you get:

• 500 payback points; plus you also get
  • £5 airtime credit if they activate the SIM within 6 weeks of your own joining date. This is added to your account about a week after they join.

For your 2nd-15th recruit, you get:

• 500 payback points

Payback points earned one month are added within the first 14 days of the following month, and can be redeemed twice per year, the next being June 2019. 

From your 16th recruit you become a Super Recruiter.  You get nothing when recruits activate their SIM, instead getting a reward for them topping up / buying a goodybag for a 2nd and 3rd time if these are made within 120 days of their join date. 

The following do not qualify for activation bonuses / payback:

• SIM cards bought from retail outlets or ordered directly from the main giffgaff website;
  • Previous members returning to giffgaff and reusing an account
I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
by: hezp
on: 15/03/2019 | 19:30
Your friend will recieve their £5 at the end of the month that they activate their SIM. You will get your 'Payback' twice a year, mid June & December. If you go online you will be able to see how much is due & nearer the dates you will be able to click on the link under 'My Payback' & decide if you want the money as AirtimePay-as-you-go, for it to go to charity, or to go into your bank.
Message 3 of 3