Knowledge Base
Community

sim card

Started by: stephen2013bustin
On: 23/07/2013 | 22:43
Replies: 7

by: stephen2013bustin
on: 23/07/2013 | 22:43

i topped up my sim card but unfortunatly my phone no longer reads the sim card but its got my credit on, is there any way i can have my credit transfered onto a different giff gaff sim?

Message 1 of 8
by: troglodyte
on: 23/07/2013 | 22:44

@stephen2013bustin wrote:

i topped up my sim card but unfortunatly my phone no longer reads the sim card but its got my credit on, is there any way i can have my credit transfered onto a different giff gaff sim?

Hi, If you need to transfer your number or to get a replacement, giffgaff now do Namo sims, so please go here to order one.
Order a Hybrid/micro/standard or a NANO sim Click HERE

But first see the rest of this guide first before reporting it lost/stolen.

Or take your current Sim to a local mobile phone shop and they will cut it down to the correct size for you. This is the quickest option and it will cost about £1.

Then If you report your SIM as lost / stolen http://goo.gl/KP4hQ and you will get a replacement SIM (this will be hybrid SIM which has a MICRO/standard or now a new NANO SIM  

Furthermore you get to keep your number and credits.The only issue with this is that once you report your sim lost or stolen, your account is blocked until you activate your replacement sim.  you would be sent out a replacemet sim which will get you back up and runninng but this way a sim swap will not work.

Or if you have a spare sim do this below, you can do Sim SWAP. If your already with giffgaff: do this.

when you receive your new Nano/Dual-Micro SIM, you will be able to transfer your giffgaff account (including your phone number, credit and any existing bundles) from your old to your new account. This is known as a 'SIM Swap' - for more details, please see here:

To perform a sim swap use this link below.

You need to just fill in the activation code and thats it. It can take up to a couple of hours to activate. but this does not require a further topup to do.

Click here and log in https://giffgaff.com/auth/login?&redirect=activate-sim

Put the 6 digit code in on the main card ( B****T) from your new sim, not the serial no.

On the next page it'll show the 6 didgit activation codes for both sims and sim serial numbers of your current and new sim cards

Click where it says."Yes I want to replace my SIM"

(mobile browsers don't forget to scroll down to see)

On the next page click "yes I'm sure"

Your new sim will hopefully be active within 30 minutes to an hour

And then your old sim will be disabled.

If your getting (Sim Swap Failed error on your phone) turn it off and back on agian, give it about a hour, and it it will work. Thats it enjoy.

Free sims are MICRO/standard and also now Nano too. you choose which one you need.

Troglodyte.jpg
Message 2 of 8
by: foodie_girl
on: 23/07/2013 | 22:45

Yes, if you have another sim you can do a sim swap which transfers all your account details and credit. Details here: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/What-is-SIM-Swap/ta-p/7320084

Before doing that, though, have you tried removing the sim and wiping the contacts (gently)?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 8
by: mykiel78
on: 23/07/2013 | 22:49
Try removing the sim, give it a good clean and put back in and reboot the phone to see if the sim is recognised.
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
by: leemg3
on: 23/07/2013 | 23:00
Can order another sim and perform a s8m swap
Get a free giffgaff Sim

DUDE ORDER ONE!
Message 7 of 8
by: raheel134
on: 23/07/2013 | 23:14
you can perform a sim swap mate
Get a free giffgaff Sim