Knowledge Base
Community

sulasula has a question about My phone sent a text to a number in my contacts but I did not personally send the text - has my phone or number been hacked. I don't have a smart phone , its a very inexpensive Alcatel phone. The person who received the text informed me later that their phone had sent a bogus text to a number in their contacts. How do i sort this out?

Started by: sulasula
On: 22/02/2018 | 15:23
Replies: 5

by: sulasula
on: 22/02/2018 | 15:23
My phone sent a text to a number in my contacts but I did not personally send the text - has my phone or number been hacked. I don't have a smart phone , its a very inexpensive Alcatel phone. The person who received the text informed me later that their phone had sent a bogus text to a number in their contacts. How do i sort this out?
Message 1 of 6
by: endorphin
on: 22/02/2018 | 18:20

Hi @sulasula what did these texts say?

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 2 of 6
on: 23/02/2018 | 18:30
The text said Call me and the contact did call me
Message 4 of 6
by: klaus1968
on: 23/02/2018 | 18:53
Hi there and welcome to the community page you must contact a agent now and if you have immediate access to any account with your bank details like giffgaff contact your bank better to be safe than sorry go to https://giffgaff.com/support/phone-possibly-hacked and just explain what has happened and that you have cancelled your bank details in case there next hopefully all is ok but don't take any chances
Message 5 of 6
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:39
Thank you Klaus1968, I thought that this could be the case - that my phone may have been hacked. You are right, it is better to be safe than sorry - I have acted on all your suggestions.
Message 6 of 6