Community

swapping sim cards in different phones

Started by: zoexanthe
On: 04/01/2018 | 19:33
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: zoexanthe
on: 04/01/2018 | 19:33

Hi, I have just successfully managed to put a new sim into my new phone transferring my old phone number, goody bag and credit.  Now I'd like to do the same with my daughters' phones.  Their phone numbers are registered onto my giffgaff account - how do I go about swapping sims for each phone transferring their old phone number & credit?  I can get onto my account on giffgaff, but where do I go from there?  Topping up the credit on their phones through my account is very straightforward but I'm not sure how to swap their sims...  Many thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: smithster225225
on: 04/01/2018 | 19:40
@zoexanthe

Hi there Smiley Happy

I am slightly confused at this becasue your only able to have one sim per account.

You can top up another mobile from your account sure but you're only able to have one sim/number per account.

There must be another account knocking about with your daughters details/numbers etc

Thanks
Don't forget to AWARD BEST ANSWER Or give Kudos to members that helped!
Message 2 of 5
by: smithster225225
on: 04/01/2018 | 19:40
@zoexanthe

Hi there Smiley Happy

I am slightly confused at this becasue your only able to have one sim per account.

You can top up another mobile from your account sure but you're only able to have one sim/number per account.

There must be another account knocking about with your daughters details/numbers etc

Thanks
Don't forget to AWARD BEST ANSWER Or give Kudos to members that helped!
Message 2 of 5
by: mcilwraith
on: 04/01/2018 | 19:43 edited: 04/01/2018 | 19:44

each sim will have its own account whether its you who pays or not

you need to log in to the correct accounts to swap the sims

Message 3 of 5
on: 04/01/2018 | 20:01
@ smithster225225

Many thanks for your reply - I'm sure you must be right with regards to only being able to have 1 sim/number per account. I will do some digging and find out the details for the other accounts.
Message 4 of 5
on: 04/01/2018 | 20:01
Thank you - I will search for their account details :-)
Message 5 of 5