Community

topup/ activation

Started by: meerkat67
On: 26/08/2015 | 14:30
Replies: 28

by: meerkat67
on: 26/08/2015 | 15:35

Getting a different message now every time i try to activate my sim

(Sorry something went wrong with your activation)

I,m definately inputting the correct 6 digit sim code and the 16 digit voucher code so dont know whats up...baffled lol

Message 11 of 29
by: rayhoo
on: 26/08/2015 | 15:52

meerkat67 wrote:

Getting a different message now every time i try to activate my sim

(Sorry something went wrong with your activation)

I,m definately inputting the correct 6 digit sim code and the 16 digit voucher code so dont know whats up...baffled lol

Can you see any reference to a payment here https://giffgaff.com/orders/history

Do you have the message "SIM activation in progress" on your screen?

Message 12 of 29
on: 26/08/2015 | 15:54

My payments

You haven't placed any orders yet

Cant see anything my sim activation in progress mate

Message 13 of 29
on: 26/08/2015 | 15:57 edited: 26/08/2015 | 16:00

meerkat67 wrote:

My payments

You haven't placed any orders yet

Cant see anything my sim activation in progress mate

Thanks, so nothing has happened yet.

When you try to activate your SIM, does it come up with that message right away? 

If yes, then ask an agent to help you out here https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/activations

If no, then try to activate using the SIM Serial Number on the back of your SIM card (if it gives you the opportunity).

Message 14 of 29
on: 26/08/2015 | 16:04

Your transaction has failed unexpectedly.

You can go back and retry. If the problem persists please ask an agent for help.

Cheers for your patience.

The giffgaff team

Get that message after about 2 or 3 seconds when i try to activate my sim but i was getting the other (sorry something went wrong etc) once or twice.

I,ll try once more which will be about 50 times lol then i,ll click to get help from an agent/ the voucher was purchased almost 24 hours ago so should be good to go

Thanks for all help guys

Message 15 of 29
Highlighted
on: 26/08/2015 | 16:07

meerkat67 wrote:

Your transaction has failed unexpectedly.

You can go back and retry. If the problem persists please ask an agent for help.

Cheers for your patience.

The giffgaff team

Get that message after about 2 or 3 seconds when i try to activate my sim but i was getting the other (sorry something went wrong etc) once or twice.

I,ll try once more which will be about 50 times lol then i,ll click to get help from an agent/ the voucher was purchased almost 24 hours ago so should be good to go

Thanks for all help guys

Okay thanks.

Your voucher is good for 12 months from the purchase date so don'tworry about that.

let us know how you get on.

Message 16 of 29
on: 26/08/2015 | 16:12

tried the 13 digits on the back of my sim but same message, now going through agent process it asks if any error messages but the message i am getting on screen is not listed in what its asking me.

Think i will need to scrap this for now and go back to my 3 sim as i need my phone guys

Thanks for all help anyway

Message 17 of 29
on: 26/08/2015 | 16:26

meerkat67 wrote:

tried the 13 digits on the back of my sim but same message, now going through agent process it asks if any error messages but the message i am getting on screen is not listed in what its asking me.

Think i will need to scrap this for now and go back to my 3 sim as i need my phone guys

Thanks for all help anyway

Category' Mobile services

Answer 'no' to has it been more than 24 hrs.

Error message:  This SIM can't be activated at this moment

Is the above available to you?

Message 18 of 29
on: 26/08/2015 | 19:55

hi, try this once more tonight then i,ll try again another night

Yes that is available for me, i think i tried to activate it last night so i clicked yes for 24hrs

thanks

Message 19 of 29
on: 26/08/2015 | 20:38

Sorry just to add, if i select no about 24hrs i dont get the continue button option,maybe i wasn.t supposed too eek..

Now that i think about it i dont think an activation process has ever went through, is this something to do with the site updates or is it just me lol

Thanks in advance

Message 20 of 29