Knowledge Base
Community

topup/ activation

Started by: meerkat67
On: 26/08/2015 | 14:30
Replies: 28

by: meerkat67
on: 27/08/2015 | 19:33

Guys just to let you know, my number is now displayed on my dashboard and there is also a balance of 8p so it looks like things are moving in the right direction finally.

I,ll try activating my sim later with the top up voucher i have and will give it 24hrs if still a no go

Thanks again

Message 21 of 29
by: johnrooney80
on: 27/08/2015 | 20:15
Slowly but surely now buddy!! Patience is a virtue eh? Well done buddySmiley Wink@meerkat67
Message 22 of 29
on: 27/08/2015 | 20:31

Thanks johnrooneySmiley Happy finding it really difficult to get anywhere to be ohnest.

I tried to topup my account via web account but i get the message (Sorry that voucher code is not valid)

So then i tried calling 43430 and a man from newcastleSmiley Happy from sounds of it asked me to enter my voucher code which i tried 3 times ! after the third attempt i was told sorry i can help you and go giifgaff.com for help....Tara ! lolz

Why is this so difficult to become a giffgaff customer? i have already filed a complaint regarding activation but i am now considering a second complaint for this nonsense.

Someone needs to fix this please.

Thanks

Message 23 of 29
on: 27/08/2015 | 20:51
Simply www.giffgaff.com/activate-sim
It will then ask you for your six digit code. Enter your code on sim and follow the prompts. See if an Agent will help with the voucher issue. Really sorry its been so difficult for you buddy.. Shouldn't have been such a painful process http://giffgaff.com/support/ask/cant-topup-airtime
Check for replies here http://giffgaff.com/support/questions
Message 24 of 29
on: 27/08/2015 | 20:55
Sorry, just to remind you to exchange your airtime for a goodybag when (hopefully soon meerkat!!!) its been put on..
Message 26 of 29
on: 28/08/2015 | 00:24

hi johnnyrooney, the sim seems to have magically activated itself even tho the sim was lying bare on my dining room table? bizarre

The 6 digit code gave me the action saying this sim has already been activated which i suppose it should have done considering my sim is now active but the voucher seems to be another problem now.

I,m beginning to wonder if there is a problem with the voucher but its from a local petrol station which i use regularly so maybe not...

I will try again in 24hrs and see what happens...seems to be the flavour with giffgaff stuff Smiley Sad

Cheers all

Message 27 of 29
by: arsenal20112011
on: 28/08/2015 | 00:42
No you just need the 10 pound to activate the sim, once its activated, that 10 pound is yours and you can either buy a goodybag/Gigabag or keep it for pay as you go. And the sim could take upto 24 hours to activate so should be working soon Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 29
on: 30/08/2015 | 13:30

Thanks for all replys guys its appreciated...my sim has now been activated and my topup has went through, however i had to ask an agent to do both of these simple tasks manually !

I have other issues now but i will create other threads for this..resolved guys thanksSmiley Happy

Message 29 of 29