Knowledge Base
Community

wanderer7 has a question about Refund on Returned Phone

Started by: wanderer7
On: 05/12/2017 | 18:10
Replies: 6

by: wanderer7
on: 05/12/2017 | 18:10
I'm trying to track a refund on a phone that I returned but can't find anything in My Account. Can anyone help please ?
Message 1 of 7
by: freedmaniac
on: 05/12/2017 | 18:11

@wanderer7

An agent may be able to help if you write to them.

Message 2 of 7
by: heisenberg007
on: 05/12/2017 | 18:12

Hi @wanderer7

At any time after posting you can track your parcel using Royal Mails Track & Trace service.

When giffgaff return centre receives your parcel you will receive an email to confirm its receipt.

The returns centre will inspect for any damage or missing accessories. When these checks are complete, the return centre will let you know if your return is accepted. If your return is rejected (due to missing items or past the 14 days since booking your return), the parcel is automatically returned to the address listed within your giffgaff account.

You can track the progress up until this point by:

• Logging in to your giffgaff account here
  • Select My Payments
  • Select My Order History
  • Select the relevant Phone Order by clicking / pressing on blue icon on the right to view the purchase details screen.
  • On the right hand side of this screen please select the button marked "Return your phone"
  • You will now see the status of your returned device

After returns centre inspect for any damage or missing accessories the finance team will start to process your refund. You will receive a e-mail from them once the refund has been processed. Please allow 5 working days for the refund to reach your bank account or credit card account.

click to get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit
Message 3 of 7
by: figment_uk
on: 05/12/2017 | 18:34

@wanderer7

Are you looking at the order history of the account you used to purchase the phone?

When was it returned / received by the returns centre? 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 4 of 7
by: wanderer7
on: 05/12/2017 | 18:44
Yes. I'm a bit concerned as the phone should have been received at the Repair Centre but it isn't yet recorded.
Message 5 of 7
by: endorphin
on: 05/12/2017 | 18:50

Hi @wanderer7 unfortunately it can take a few days for the return's progress to be updated. You need to be patient.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 6 of 7
by: figment_uk
on: 05/12/2017 | 18:51

wanderer7 wrote:

Yes. I'm a bit concerned as the phone should have been received at the Repair Centre but it isn't yet recorded.

You're not the first to mention that returned phones have not been promptly recorded as arriving at the repaid centre.  I can only guess they have a backlog.

Refunds are issued within 14 days of the phone being received at the return centre.  Refunds to bank/credit cards generally take up to 5 days after the refund has been processed to arrive on the account.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 7 of 7