Knowledge Base
Community

whats going on

Started by: mattyp1875
On: 29/11/2012 | 22:21
Replies: 16

by: mattyp1875
on: 29/11/2012 | 22:21
I know there has been problems all day but ive just checked to see if my £20 GB has gone live and its saying my balance is £19.86?? And my GB is pending etc. Why is not saying i have £20? I have not text, used the net and the only person i phoned was another GG user after trying to ring him for over an hour until it connected etc
Message 1 of 17
by: dfg10
on: 29/11/2012 | 22:21
ask an agent for a refund
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 17
by: backdrifters
on: 29/11/2012 | 22:22
There have been balance, activation, top up and goodybag issues today. Check here to see the latest update:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates-Notice-board/Goodybags-issues-29-11-2012/m-p/688203...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 17
by: abbeyymae7
giffgaff is experiencing technical difficulties atm x
GIVE ME KUDOS IF I HELPED (STAR AT THE BOTTOM OR MARK SOLUTION AS ACCEPTED) Smiley Very Happy xox

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 17
by: jaydean38

Hi sorry to hear this but Unfortunately Giff Gaff are having few issues at the moment..with Delayed goodybags,
top ups and activations so give it a few hour and try again.

Hope this helps and you get it sorted... Have a great Day Smiley Happy

Please give 'KUDOS' if you like my post. If my answer helped then please click 'Accept as Solution'
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 17
by: nate37
on: 29/11/2012 | 22:23

you will have to ask an agent for a refund when the current issues are resolved:

Contact An Agent http://bit.ly/giffgaffagent

If you have problems with invalid date issues or cannot find an appropriate category for your issue then use the sim service/no service category, tick the boxes randomly then detail your issue in the text box at the bottom. They will reply within 24hrs.

NB posted in service update thread (page 14):

pinkorchids wrote:

Will customers be compensated if the have to top up because goody bags arent available?

Hi there pinkorchids

Our first priority is getting the problem fixed. We appreciate that this is frustrating and are trying our best to get it fixed as soon as possible. 

After the issue has been resolved please feel free to raise a case with an agent to see if you are entitled to a refund. We assess compensation on a case by case basis.

Sarah - giffgaff Educator

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Please choose the best answer as solution, so others can find it, and give kudos to helpful posts
Message 7 of 17
by: kennethbaker66796679
on: 29/11/2012 | 22:23
Dont Panic!! once the issues are fixed your find you still have the correct balance Smiley Happy
Kendo Smiley Happy I got them moves like Jagger
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 17
by: jburnham96
on: 29/11/2012 | 22:24

Hey there, 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your goodybag/topping up/outgoing calls and texts; sadly there are issues at the moment which include the following: 

• Some £10 goodybags this morning have been applied with incorrect levels of data allowance and minutes.
  • Some accounts are showing "Balance N/A" and others are showing pending, processing or updating when buying a goodybag or top up.
  • Some members are unable to buy goodybags or top up.
  • Issues with outgoing calls and texts.

The latest update from 21:22 from Sarah is the following:

"We're continuing to test, but it looks like the engineers have found the root cause - the problem was that part of our system had stopped communicating with our network nodes. They're working on bringing this back up and I'll let you know what's what shortly.

Thanks for your patience guys."

If you want to check the latest update please check the service updates by clicking here.

Hope you're having a good evening!

- Jordan

Message 9 of 17