Community

why giffgaff is network reception is worst inside than outdoor

Started by: ajayramjit
On: 24/02/2015 | 07:28
Replies: 14

Go to best answer
by: ajayramjit
on: 24/02/2015 | 07:28
Giffgaff used O2 network. I am very disappointed with my cellular network inside my flat, every time my phone goes on voicemail due to no network indoor. Whenever I use my phone, I have to stand near the window to get a good reception , worst case scenario i have to go outside to use make calls. I tried using my phone outdoors which has no issues , nevertheless, the speed of my 3G internet speed is very slow, quite amazing I lived in a good network area. Previously I was on lebara mobile which uses Vodafone network, have a very good network whether indoor or outdoor. The speed of data on 3G network was splendidly very fast indoor and like a speedy launching rocket outside. Well, you pay what you get for,if you are looking for a corvett speedy network,then lebara Kobe is yours solutions.
Message 1 of 15
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: islandstifle
on: 24/02/2015 | 07:45
Unfortunately none of this is an exact science. But one of the best features of giffgaff is that as it's a pay as you go network with no commitment you can change at any stage if it doesn't suit. Imagine if you'd signed up to a 2-year contract with EE or O2 and then found out you had poor service near your home?
All my posts are specific to you; I never copy/paste from a script.

If you need an agent, use http://giffgaff.com/support/ask and choose the relevant category. Please refrain from using the j.mp link, the SIM limit form, or "choosing 30" from the drop-down menu.
Message 7 of 15
by: natty88
on: 24/02/2015 | 07:30
services. hi an welcometo the community my friend service problems. please pop your postcode in here ,also remember its updated hourly :
www.bit.ly/ggservice
. .
If the signal in your area is working as normal.then try a manual roam to update, and refresh your network connection ... http://is.gd/manualroam
if you need any other help please let us no thank you Robot Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 15
by: ajayramjit
on: 24/02/2015 | 07:34
None of the above links work for me.....Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 15
by: deanhills123
on: 24/02/2015 | 07:37
Hi man, I have a similar problem, I've done provider, network and system checks and all say I live in a signal sweet spot. Indoors I very rarely have a G signal, and without WiFi I burn through my data allowance
Message 4 of 15
by: egglassa
on: 24/02/2015 | 07:38
Welcome to the forum
I have clicked on those links and they do work
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 15
by: deanhills123
on: 24/02/2015 | 07:44
You'll get told it's down to the materials your flat has been built with or you've got a crappie phone. I've tried all of the suggestions to no avail
Message 6 of 15
by: islandstifle
on: 24/02/2015 | 07:45
Unfortunately none of this is an exact science. But one of the best features of giffgaff is that as it's a pay as you go network with no commitment you can change at any stage if it doesn't suit. Imagine if you'd signed up to a 2-year contract with EE or O2 and then found out you had poor service near your home?
All my posts are specific to you; I never copy/paste from a script.

If you need an agent, use http://giffgaff.com/support/ask and choose the relevant category. Please refrain from using the j.mp link, the SIM limit form, or "choosing 30" from the drop-down menu.
Message 7 of 15
by: kath72
on: 24/02/2015 | 07:48

I had this problem with EE.  No signal in the house... when I had missed an urgent call from my daughter a second time I changed networks to Giffgaff and now I have a great signal.  I guess it is all about finding out what network is best in your area.  At least you are not tied to gifffgaff... tired it, it's not the best go elsewhere

Good luck

Message 8 of 15
by: blade50007
on: 24/02/2015 | 07:51
It can happen...there may be some lead on roof which can play up with the signal.
Message 9 of 15
by: exmember-2018-4735772
on: 24/02/2015 | 07:52 edited: 24/02/2015 | 07:53

if vodaphone works and O2 doesn't then you will have to go back to vodafone, gg can not magically make a reception black spot suddenly disappear, even in areas that have good coverage there will be black spots, and yes if buildings / walls are thick enough, or a weak signal is being received  then the phones radio waves will not be able to penetrate a building, that's why when standing next to a window your signal improves

Message 10 of 15