Knowledge Base
Community

wife's credit used on free call

Started by: smithste
On: 26/02/2018 | 15:48
Replies: 9

by: smithste
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:48
My wife used her phone to call another giffgaffer & and the call cut out and it said it had took about 60mins credit for what was a free call and also I cannot ring Giffgaff help line or customer service as I can't find it.can any1 help pls
Message 1 of 10
by: figment_uk
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:51

@smithste

1. Free calls to other giffgaff numbers are limited to 60 minutes per call.  Hang up and redial or pay from minutes (or credit if you have no minutes) for the rest of the call
  2. Free calls / texts are available for 93 days from your latest topup or goodybag purchase using a card, paypal or voucher as the payment method
  3. giffgaff is online only. There are no phone numbers (and any you find on search engines are scams)
I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 2 of 10
by: johngould
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:51

Hi, @smithste

Free calls to giffgaff numbers only last up to 60 minutes. 

They are only available if you have topped up or bought a goodybag from new cash within the last 90 days. 

Message 3 of 10
by: nigelbrooks
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:52 edited: 26/02/2018 | 15:54

@smithste

If you have topped up from a credit or debit card within the last three months then you have free giffgaff to giffgaff calls - check by calling *100*1#

If you have free calls then these are free for up to 60 minutes, over 60 minutes then the call is chargeable.  Please see the T&Cs

4.4. You can make free UK calls, texts, call forwarding and video calls to other Members subject to you topping-up or purchasing a Bundle using a credit/debit card or voucher once every 3 months. Such calls are at no extra cost for the first 60 minutes per call, after which the call will be charged using Charges applicable to standard non-giffgaff UK mobile pricing.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
I donate 100% of my SIM activation payback to charity, please help me boost the donation
Message 4 of 10
by: dan240997
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:53
hi, sorry but free calls only last up to 60 minutes. You can hang up and redial again to continue

Hi, Question answered? Press the kudos or best answer for whoever helped you most, thank you Smiley Happy !
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Get free £5 credit when you use the link above!

Remember, do not hesitate to ask!
Message 5 of 10
by: jayni3
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:54
It sounds like the call length was just over 60 mins then @smithste sorry - and as such the call would be chargeable.

There isn't a number to contact giffgaff, only online support either through the forum here or by contacting an agent using an online form.
Message 6 of 10
by: z0d10n
on: 26/02/2018 | 15:56

Hi

Good Afternoon @smithste Smiley Happy.  As a giffgaff member, your Wife qualifies for 3 months (93 days) of free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts. This 3 month period resets each time she makes an eligible top-up What are the eligible top-ups?  The minimum purchase required to reset the free Giffgaff to Giffgaff calls and SMS texts is a £ 5.00 Goodybag, which can be purchased here https://giffgaff.com/buy/topup/5pound-goodybag

Please be aware that the first 60 minutes are free, if the call duration is longer, she'll be charged beyond 60 minutes call duration.  To keep it free, please hang-up and redial before 60 minutes call duration is reached.

This guide will tell you everything you need to know about your giffgaff to giffgaff free calls. https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Guide-to-free-giffgaff-to-giffgaff-calls-and-texts/...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 10
by: paulwhite92
on: 26/02/2018 | 16:02
was the person within the uk ? if not then it would have used allowance
Message 8 of 10
on: 26/02/2018 | 16:04
I under stand 60mins n hang up but she was on just over an hour so it should of been free for 60mins then about 10mins of free credit not 60mins of credit as well as the free minutes
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
on: 26/02/2018 | 16:08
The 60mins we're taken at same time as free call for a 70min call
Message 10 of 10