Knowledge Base
Community

wrhpa54 has a question about I have switch off imessage and turn back on and rebooted but still sends text from another number

Started by: wrhpa54
On: 24/04/2018 | 18:04
Replies: 3

by: wrhpa54
on: 24/04/2018 | 18:04
When i send a text it not from my number, I have switch off my imessage and turn back on and re reboot my phone not working
Message 1 of 4
by: giffgaffprepper
on: 24/04/2018 | 18:07
did you allow imessages to switch OFF completely / switch ON completely before restarting phone?
Message 2 of 4
by: avid_fan
on: 24/04/2018 | 18:08

If iMessage is switched on and there is no message about activation, check that your phone is set up correctly to receive iMessages: go to Settings > Messages again and check the addresses and mobile number you have listed in Send & Receive.

Troubleshoot by first turning off your mobile number or email address in the list of places where you can Send & Receive from. By trying a process of elimination we can see if iMessage works with just your mobile number or just an email address.

Also check there is a tick beside your phone number in the Start New Conversations From section 

If things still aren't working you could reboot iMessage by going to Settings > Messages and turning off iMessage, then turn off your iPhone by pressing and holding the on/off switch, slide to power off, and then wait for your iPhone to start up again. Once you've rebooted, return to Settings > Messages and turn iMessages back on

Also, sign out of your Apple ID and then sign in again. You can do this from Settings > Messages then tap on Send & Receive and at the top of the page tap on your Apple ID and choose Sign Out. Then sign in again and see if this has fixed the problem.

@wrhpa54

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
by: sloz
on: 24/04/2018 | 21:12
@wrhpa54
Hi,
Switch off facetime
Switch off imessage

And reset network settings
(be aware this will erase your saved wifi passwords, it won't erase or affect anything else)

Go to
Settings
General
Reset
And click reset network settings
The phone will switch off and restart automatically in a few minutes

Once the phone restarts
Switch on imessage
Switch on facetime
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 4