Community

you have taken £40 instead of £20

Started by: rebec2808
On: 14/03/2018 | 12:41
Replies: 26

Go to best answer
by: eluminea
on: 14/03/2018 | 13:23
Any refund will have to be approved by an agent. But it might take some time before the payment is processed. Sorry it happened to you.
Message 11 of 27
by: rebec2808
on: 14/03/2018 | 13:28
So your telling me you can't do anything then because I can't get on that page?! I'll be ringing my bank see if they can cancel it and I'll be taking this further!! Worse phone provided ever!!! Will definatley make sure everyone knows it
Message 12 of 27
by: alant
on: 14/03/2018 | 13:45

rebec2808 wrote:

So your telling me you can't do anything then because I can't get on that page?! I'll be ringing my bank see if they can cancel it and I'll be taking this further!! Worse phone provided ever!!! Will definatley make sure everyone knows it

So you make a mistake by buying something you didn't want, then you blame giffgaff and finally you complain because you you haven't got the patience to get it sorted out?

You need to get yourself to a suitable computer and log in to your account. Then you will be able to access the page you seek. That is how provider with 'online support' works. Once you have sent the appropriate message, you never know, you might actually get a refund.

You must realise though that giffgaff does not 'take' money from a customer, it merely receives a payment from a customer who has purchased something. By clicking the 'buy' button, you have given your bank the authority to debit your account. It seems you have purchased two things and have paid accordingly.

Take a deep breath, step back and try again.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 27
on: 14/03/2018 | 14:08
It looks like the extra £20 is for next months bundles. How do I stop that as I want to pay when I can not at once
Message 14 of 27
by: figment_uk
on: 14/03/2018 | 14:11

rebec2808 wrote:

It looks like the extra £20 is for next months bundles. How do I stop that as I want to pay when I can not at once

Whatever the overpayment was for, the only way of getting a refund is to raise a support ticket.  The reason you cannot access the support system at present is because your SIM has not finished activation.  Give it a couple of hours then everything will have settled down and you will be able to contact the agents. 

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 15 of 27
on: 14/03/2018 | 14:14
I've just used my partners phone and wrote to them
Message 16 of 27
by: rayraybb
on: 14/03/2018 | 14:26

hi, for payments accidentally taken wrong, please contact an agent they will be happy to refund

Message 17 of 27
by: kerrimcg11
on: 14/03/2018 | 14:30
You need to speak to an agent as only they can do refunds
Message 18 of 27
by: defraybo2
on: 14/03/2018 | 14:34
FIRST TIME JOINING GIFFGAFF
When first joining giffgaff the the very act of sending my money to an unknown, Internet only service provider with no actual customer support phone number, was a little bit difficult for me after being with Orange since 1994, I actually went through the joining process about three or four times before actually completing it, and once I did compete it, I had a period of panic wondering whether or not I had made a big mistake. Well that was many years ago and I am still here, after a few days turned into weeks and months I soon became aware that this really is the best way to use mobile and Internet services, you can change your service requirements month by month or set it up to give you automatic monthly service set to your requirements and price band, all services are only financially binding for one month, you only get charged for what you order and you always get what you pay for, in the event of some very rare mistakes you are never the loser, even genuine user error mistakes are refunded by agents when they feel it's a genuine mistake by the customer, but customer mistakes are usually with new members getting used to the service and are rarely made more than once. There is no phone support with giffgaff but this forum has grown with the service and now has some of the best tech guy's in the business who can help you sort any problems a lot faster than most phone support services can answer your call, even problems not related to your giffgaff service like with your phone model, Internet service, computer etc, they will have a go at any any problem if they can help. To get the best out of giffgaff one needs to be patient and take a little time to work through the system until it becomes familiar and the rewards are definitely worth the effort.
Please remember you are entitled to a full refund on your money joining gift gaff, there is a change your mind period just as with any financial service agreement.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 19 of 27
by: defraybo2
on: 14/03/2018 | 14:47
Hi again
If gift gaff have taken 40 pounds from your bank then it will be in your account in one of the following ways.
Active 20 pounds goodybag plus a queued 20 pounds goodybag.
Or
Active 20 pounds goodybag and 20 pounds in your credit.
Or
Two 20 pounds top ups giving you 20 pounds credit.
Can you confirm which of the above is the status of you account payments.
And please don't be alarmed giffgaff are in the business of savingredients customers cash not stealing it you will not be rpiped off.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 20 of 27