Get Help
Community

youtube videos!!! why aren't youtube videos playing?

Started by: sayena
On: 17/06/2012 | 02:57
Replies: 18
Reply

by: sayena
on: 17/06/2012 | 02:57
Why aren't youtube videos playing? They were fine a few days ago but now its just comes up with a message saying " this may be blocked or unsupportive" and my goodybag hasn't run out yet!!! Please help I'm really confused to what has happened
Message 1 of 19 (373 Views)
by: bertiebat
on: 17/06/2012 | 03:02 edited: 17/06/2012 | 03:03

Does this just apply to youtube videos only and is it ALL videos on youtube (as it maybe youtube blocking it because of the content).

 

Is the rest of the internet working OK is basically what I mean?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 19 (366 Views)
by: harry58
on: 17/06/2012 | 03:02

If you have been tether it you may need to contact an agent 

Message 3 of 19 (365 Views)
by: sayena
on: 17/06/2012 | 03:06
The rest of the internet is fine and the content is school related ( scientific) so I doubt they would be blocked as I had access to them before.
Message 4 of 19 (356 Views)
by: bertiebat
on: 17/06/2012 | 03:11

sayena wrote:
The rest of the internet is fine and the content is school related ( scientific) so I doubt they would be blocked as I had access to them before.

Does the problem apply to all youtube videos though or just some?   Try some other simple ones to check if they cause the same issue.   It may the format of those specific videos that might have been changed (though I'm just guessing).

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 19 (348 Views)
by: sayena
on: 17/06/2012 | 03:12
Sorry that I wasn't clear with my answer I have tried other videos too and this applys to all none of them work.
Message 6 of 19 (345 Views)
by: oldyorkie
on: 17/06/2012 | 03:15

sayena wrote:
Why aren't youtube videos playing? They were fine a few days ago but now its just comes up with a message saying " this may be blocked or unsupportive" and my goodybag hasn't run out yet!!! Please help I'm really confused to what has happened

have you tried uninstalling (deleting) the youtube app and downloading the latest version and installing that one?

 

Also you're probably aware that youtube themselves are (along with other online service providers) tweaking their cookie and tracking formats? You can blame google for that ..lol

To Read is To Learn - go on - give it a try Smiley Wink
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at Smiley TongueGet a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 19 (340 Views)
by: bertiebat
on: 17/06/2012 | 03:19

sayena wrote:
Sorry that I wasn't clear with my answer I have tried other videos too and this applys to all none of them work.

Did some googling and found this http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Curve-8530-Youtube-quot-content-not-availabl...  have you changed your browser?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 19 (333 Views)
by: sayena
on: 17/06/2012 | 03:30
I just tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it again but no luck it didn't work. Thankyou for the help though
Message 9 of 19 (328 Views)
by: bertiebat
on: 17/06/2012 | 03:37

sayena wrote:
I just tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it again but no luck it didn't work. Thankyou for the help though

I found this thread with a similar problem and maybe the solution on that would be the answer.  Try that http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/youtube/m-p/4673200/highlight/true...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 19 (320 Views)