Community

Apple Question

Started by: stephenpperry
On: 31/12/2018 | 10:43
Replies: 9

Highlighted
by: stephenpperry
on: 31/12/2018 | 10:43

This is a big ask but I wondered if anyone in the community works at the Apple store and would be willing to share their discount with me?

My MacBook just packed in completely and it will be £1000 to fix it, I don’t have that much money at the moment and I wondered if anyone could help me? Please DM me if you could? 

I tried looking on eBay and on amazon for cheaper deals but I can’t find any good deals and the fact that they won’t have a warranty makes me uncomfortable. I also looked into refurbished on the Apple store but they’re also hugely expensive.

if you know anyone who works at Apple would you be kind enough to ask them about their discount please? Sorry to have to ask! 

Kudos costs me nothing, so I give it freely .

I started writing a blog on design, technology and the future Take a look and let me know what you think!
Message 1 of 10
by: davidevans0000
on: 31/12/2018 | 10:54
look on here for the best deals in the UK www.hotukdeals.com as for anybody sharing there discount I doubt it would happen on this forum.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 10
by: kathleen414
on: 31/12/2018 | 11:50
Hiya @stephenpperry @bluemoonbaz posted some Great deals from john Lewis with free 3 yrs warranty
Message 3 of 10
by: pinkcalculator
on: 31/12/2018 | 12:28
The £799 ones were oos very quickly with John Lewis
I know student computers fix Apple devices they may also fix MacBooks I’d ring them up I’ve found them to be reliable and honest.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 10
by: pinkcalculator
on: 01/01/2019 | 17:23
Must have just been a return that then sold out both oos just now
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 10
on: 01/01/2019 | 17:51

Oh darn it! I’m sorry I missed these notifications! If only the iOS app supported native notifications for the community. If anyone else sees a great deal could you let me know.

thankyou so much to everyone who replied with deals so far! The John Lewis idea is a great one so I’ll keep checking the website. 

I had had a look again on Apple refurbished but the prices are still crazy! 

I would buy a windows but all my software is Mac after many years. 

Thanks so so much again to all who replied and a happy new year! 

I started writing a blog on design, technology and the future Take a look and let me know what you think!
Message 7 of 10
by: hepple73
on: 02/01/2019 | 15:30

@stephenpperry Ask your employer, or someone else who pays VAT if they will buy one for you on your behalf. As they claim the VAT back, they 'could' let you off with the 20%

Apple also offer 0% finance.

Message 8 of 10
by: ijustcantdoit
on: 02/01/2019 | 16:32

@stephenpperry

I will keep my eye out for you matey

“Welcome
Message 9 of 10
on: 04/01/2019 | 19:18

In the end I’ve gone for a normal price straight from Apple but managed to apply and get the 0% interest finance option from Barclays. So I don’t have to shell out all in one. I decided for me it was almost as good as a discount as it has less impact on my day to day. 

Tankyou to to everyone who suggested ideas. I even tried calling John Lewis about those MacBooks but they’re all out of stock in every store and they said they won’t be getting more in. 

Message 10 of 10