Knowledge Base
Community

Ford Money (Ford Credit Europe Bank) offering 1.42% AER on flexible saver

Started by: techiebloke
On: 29/12/2018 | 17:17
Replies: 13

by: techiebloke
on: 29/12/2018 | 17:17 edited: 29/12/2018 | 17:18

Comes with unlimited withdrawals and their best rate guarantee.

Be aware though that they don't have a direct link to the Faster Payments system (they don't have their own sortcode and use Barclays as a clearing bank) which means it can take up to 48 hours for a deposit to show up or for you to receive any money that you request to withdraw.

As with most now, payments can only be made to or received from a nominated account, although this can be easily changed via the site they impose a 14 day stop on deposits and withdrawals after this has been changed for security reasons.

There's also 2.00% on their fixed saver product.

Just thought I'd post in case it's of interest Smiley Wink to anyone

www.fordmoney.co.uk

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 1 of 14
by: isabel1066
on: 29/12/2018 | 17:54
@techiebloke thank you its worth a look.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 14
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 29/12/2018 | 19:21

Cheers @techiebloke I will have look at this offer , could do with some better rates 👍

Message 3 of 14
by: pinkcalculator
on: 30/12/2018 | 05:59
To be honest I found thier sign in and delays in transfer really annoyed me to the extent that I left them after the first year when they had 4 % rates. They do have pretty decent rates and if your not switching money about constantly it’s a good option. Their phone support is quite good to.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 14
by: kathleen414
on: 30/12/2018 | 16:54
Thank you @techiebloke ad @pinkcalculator for the extra advise
Message 5 of 14
on: 30/12/2018 | 17:10

@pinkcalculator

Me too considering that the money I save is for stuff that needs doing round the house I need to tend to draw it quickly to settle bills.

Considering how long Ford Credit has been running in the UK am really suprised they haven't applied for Faster Payments system access.

Message 6 of 14
on: 30/12/2018 | 17:24
I think they could do with an app too though virgin doesn’t have an app either one of the reasons I’m leaving them ( other than the fact the staff at the lounge really annoyed me so all the money I had there is getting moved as is all the families )
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 14
by: ijustcantdoit
on: 30/12/2018 | 17:37

Thanks @techiebloke

Shane no app as everthing you do these days is mobile

“Welcome
Message 8 of 14
on: 30/12/2018 | 18:17 edited: 30/12/2018 | 18:21

@ijustcantdoit

Their site uses responsive design so should appear correctly in a browser.

I find it extremely annoying the likes of Monzo, Starling and Atom bank don't provide a desktop interface and any financial services company I deal with that converts to app only lunacy will lose my custom.

Message 9 of 14
on: 30/12/2018 | 19:18
I found the ford site to be clunky and difficult to navigate the little one as she’s not quite 18 yet still has an account with them and is forever getting in a muddle getting onto the site and navigating and the transfers she gets so stressed that she does them about a week in advance as she got caught over a weekend and bank holiday and an after 2pm ( or what ever time ) transfer that took forever.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 14