Community

Authentication mismatch

Started by: stephenpperry
On: 16/04/2019 | 12:02
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: stephenpperry
on: 16/04/2019 | 12:02

Will the new community platform fix the “authentication missmatch” problem that I seem to get on and off?

roght now my solution is to go to the giffgaff home page, log out and log back in again. I find myself doing it 2-3 times a day at the moment though! :s 

Kudos costs me nothing, so I give it freely .

Check out my friends discounts and bonuses page Take a look and let me know what you think!
Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: alex_w
community giff-staffer

on: 17/04/2019 | 11:04

@endorphin wrote:

Probably not @stephenpperry as the giffgaff home page www.giffgaff.com is not managed by Lithium, only the community pages community.giffgaff.com are.

@stephenpperry assuming you're referring to authentication errors received on the community platform itself? Not on the giffgaff.com pages?

If so, then hopefully yes. Any new platform we move to will mean that the code used to login with your giffgaff account will be different from what we use today on Lithium. Assuming that we confirm Flarum will provide the basis of our future community, it will definitely be different - Flarum handles authentication quite differently from how Lithium handles it.

Community Platform Manager - Powered by coffee.
Message 4 of 5
by: toomuchtime
on: 16/04/2019 | 13:29

Which new platform would that be then?Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 5
by: endorphin
on: 16/04/2019 | 17:39

Probably not @stephenpperry as the giffgaff home page www.giffgaff.com is not managed by Lithium, only the community pages community.giffgaff.com are.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £10 credit
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
by: alex_w
community giff-staffer

on: 17/04/2019 | 11:04

@endorphin wrote:

@stephenpperry assuming you're referring to authentication errors received on the community platform itself? Not on the giffgaff.com pages?

If so, then hopefully yes. Any new platform we move to will mean that the code used to login with your giffgaff account will be different from what we use today on Lithium. Assuming that we confirm Flarum will provide the basis of our future community, it will definitely be different - Flarum handles authentication quite differently from how Lithium handles it.

Community Platform Manager - Powered by coffee.
Message 4 of 5
by: stephenpperry
on: 17/04/2019 | 11:07

Great, I’m hoping that Flarum is a more robust and consistent authentication handover. The current one seems shoddy. Probably something to do with cookies. But I’m tired of logging in 4x a day. 

Kudos costs me nothing, so I give it freely .

Check out my friends discounts and bonuses page Take a look and let me know what you think!
Message 5 of 5