Community

New Giff Gaff app?

Started by: m0dcm
On: 12/08/2019 | 17:18
Replies: 3

by: m0dcm
on: 12/08/2019 | 17:18

Hi all,

Apologies if it's been asked already, but I thought being as we're getting a new community forum/BBS, and as I'm a beta tester for the Android version of the app, I was wondering if the app will be getting a facelift/revamp?

I've always had issues uploading photos using the app to the photography group, and I have to go into Google Chrome and put it into desktop view to upload to the group.

It's just silly little quirks like this that could be fixed in the app and make it a much easier thing for smartphone photographers like myself to upload on the go.

Just an idea, and sorry if I've posted in the wrong section in advance....

Dave

Message 1 of 4
by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 12/08/2019 | 18:20
Evening @m0dcm

Great question - if it has already been asked I'll go hunting for the question and add this answer to it as well.

The team is working on having an update ready for both the Android and IOS apps as soon as or very soon after we are ready to launch the new community platform on Flarum. This will mean a seamless transfer for all members when it comes time to switch over to Flarum Smiley Happy

Cheers
Guy

giffgaff Educator

Message 2 of 4
by: m0dcm
on: 12/08/2019 | 18:47

@guy_ow many thanks for the reply, I know my girlfriend is really happy with Giff Gaff to after moving over from her old provider, I just can't keep her away from the forums!!

Look forward to testing any new betas and the new community forums to!! Let's do it together...

Dave

Message 3 of 4
by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 12/08/2019 | 18:48
Sounds like a plan @m0dcm

Cheers
Guy

giffgaff Educator

Message 4 of 4