Knowledge Base
Community

What’s happening with the new community platform?

Started by: alex_w
On: 04/04/2019 | 15:02
Replies: 115

by: nooruless
on: 20/06/2019 | 11:00

This proposal is brilliant, thank you.

Message 111 of 116
by: iqbal92307
on: 10/07/2019 | 20:44

@alex_w, thanks for the information 👍

Message 112 of 116
by: ajapayne
on: 11/07/2019 | 18:12

I have just been playing around on their community forum and I have to admit, it is pretty gosh darn good. The navigation is a dream, and (I have no shame in saying this when it is being updated anyway) much better our current forum. 

I also had a little look at the docs, looks like it should be good fun to work with too. I do have one question though, seeing as it is open source, and will be used for the giffgaff community, will you be hosting it on a public git repository so that the community can get involved with it too? I would love to be able to push a fix or change for review rather than just raising it in the lab Smiley Very Happy

Message 113 of 116
Highlighted
by: dtuxcomp
on: 11/07/2019 | 19:06

@ajapaynewrote:

I have just been playing around on their community forum and I have to admit, it is pretty gosh darn good. The navigation is a dream, and (I have no shame in saying this when it is being updated anyway) much better our current forum. 

I also had a little look at the docs, looks like it should be good fun to work with too. I do have one question though, seeing as it is open source, and will be used for the giffgaff community, will you be hosting it on a public git repository so that the community can get involved with it too? I would love to be able to push a fix or change for review rather than just raising it in the lab Smiley Very Happy

@ajapayne   I'm looking forward to seeing it all put together and running fully, the bits I've seen so far look really promising. From what's been said so far ( I'm not a GG staffer ) in this thread and others, there will be some room for involvement in terms of coding addons etc, but I wouldn't have thought they'd allow non-staff direct access to the live code in case something went wrong, that's just my take so far though, so I could be totally wrong.

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 114 of 116
by: ashleybristoluk
on: 15/07/2019 | 10:50

can't wait to see a new community platform.i don't like this one look like a basic 

Message 116 of 116