Get Help
Community

Photo 1 Watersport Action phototography of wakeboarding Taken at competition in August 2017

Started by: premierphotosuk
On: 14/09/2017 | 22:50
Replies: 9

Highlighted
by: premierphotosuk
on: 14/09/2017 | 22:50 edited: 15/09/2017 | 22:34

Hey, gaffers, i thought i would share some of my sports action Photography of a watesport event i covered back in August. Called Wakeboarding!

My Wakeboarding photos Taken at closed event competition. Wakeboarding is Not to be confused with Waterboarding.

I was paid to cover this two day event, im going to add a few different action photos to show you over the next few weeksSmiley Wink EnjoySmiley Wink

Taken with a Nikon D4s - Lens Nikon 300mm f/2.8 VR II Photo 1.Taken with a Nikon D4s - Lens Nikon 300mm f/2.8 VR II Photo 1.Photo Resolution has been reduced for Copyright reasons and belongs to me premierphotosuk & the event i covered these for. So respect the regulations surrounding them. Thanks for showing interest in themSmiley Wink

The gaff ppuk optimize.gifgraphics designs: premierphotosuk

Message 1 of 10
by: bobrobinson
on: 15/09/2017 | 12:03

Great shot there @premierphotosuk

Fantastic detail. I would love to see some more of this event if you have any.

Thanks for sharing this great photo with us.

All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 10
by: frenchielove
on: 15/09/2017 | 13:03

Thank you for sharing this action packed shot @premierphotosuk it looks scary to me 

Message 3 of 10
by: willp789
on: 15/09/2017 | 18:11
This is incredible. I can't believe you can get so much detail in the spur of the moment. Just imagine, those water droplets couldn't have been in that position for very long!
Message 4 of 10
by: cim
on: 15/09/2017 | 18:17

Superb sports shot @premierphotosuk ! Smiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff SIM posted to you pronto
Message 5 of 10
on: 15/09/2017 | 22:53

@frenchielove It is a little scary indeed I'm to old nowadays to think I could even attempt to have a go..Smiley Wink I'm quite happy to be on the sidelines and get paid to take the photos..

@bobrobinson I'm glad you liked this, yes the detail in the raw file is amazingly clear it has to be as I'm being paid for it, I would feel bad if they're not up-to scratch and taking their photos knowing it wouldn't be right to charge top dollar for their photos.

@willp789 As I've stated the file size and resolution has been very much reduced?. Yes the detail at full res is awesome and The water droplets estimated guess would be at shutter speed I used  2 to 3,000th of a second, it amazing to think they are now frozen in time.

@cim As always thanks for the great remark regarding this photo as I've stated I thought it was about time I put some of my photography up, I wasn't going to but decided why not?. I've got some interesting photos coming up soon.

Thanks everyone for your great comments much appreciated.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 16/09/2017 | 08:41
Great photos👍and the detail👏👏oh and your never too old😉😉
Yvonne
Message 7 of 10
by: endorphin
on: 16/09/2017 | 10:41 edited: 16/09/2017 | 11:41

Wow @premierphotosuk you get paid to take photos, I'm really envious!

You've caught the action very well in this all action photo with the light from behind coming through the spray - I presume you prefocussed on a spot and possibly used a continuous shooting mode?

Personally I would have framed your photo thus using a 16:9 aspect ratio to focus on the action:

Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs! Smiley Very Happy

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 8 of 10
on: 16/09/2017 | 21:55

@endorphin Yes I get paid?Smiley Very Happy and I do alright from it. I used to be full time photographer I now only choose what I want to do now. Yes I did prefocus on an area and work within it and I'm used to taking fast action sports photography, so I pretty much know how to judge what and when its going to happen so taking loads in sequence is not my way, 3 at most?. Yes I liked the like in the area I was working in, also when you pay £4,000 for a camera body alone when I bought it that's without any lenses you don't wanna be wearing it out Smiley LOL

Also the lense I use is a little bit special for this type of photography running at prime 300mm f/2.8 is awesomely very fast coupled with giving superb image quality. As for positioning of the image I've put only the basic photos on here so not fussed about the position of this image as I wanted to show only what can be achieved, I did many various shots of this fella and this picture diden't make the grade for me. But I understand what your saying, and thanks for the constructive criticism. As we've said everyone looks at photos I'm many different ways.  Here is a little change I've done for a different lookSmiley Very Happy Thanks for your support and know sucking eggs is not an offence to me buddy.

Nikon D4s.Nikon D4s.

Message 9 of 10
on: 16/09/2017 | 22:27

yvonnearmstrong wrote:

Great photos👍and the detail👏👏oh and your never too old😉😉
Yvonne

@yvonnearmstrong Thanks and glad you liked it, but I used to do serious mad dangerous stunts in the day but not now ( damm to old ) I'll just still with taking the photos.Smiley Tongue like to keep me feet on the ground these days thanks.Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 10