Community

Quick lake photo

Started by: guy_ow
On: 16/07/2018 | 20:56
Replies: 28

by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 16/07/2018 | 20:56

Grabbed this one today using my new 10-18mm lens, only effect is morning glow.

_lakesedit.jpg

giffgaff Educator

Message 1 of 29
by: premierphotosuk
on: 16/07/2018 | 21:14

@guy_ow Using your new lense I believe you've done very well here, like the way you got lower down to get the better prospective to fill the frame of this shot. Top job. No stopping you know with that new lense. I'm sure all the gaffers will also agree about this photo.Smiley Happy

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 2 of 29
community giff-staffer

on: 16/07/2018 | 21:16
Cheers @premierphotosuk - yeah the new lens is fantastic (once I get to grips with it). Perfect for landscapes that's for sure, so time for me to get out to some beautiful places

giffgaff Educator

Message 3 of 29
on: 16/07/2018 | 21:20

Your welcome @guy_ow you've done great and it's nice depth of field too. Your be suprised how quick you will get used to it.

There's no stopping you getting out and about now I also always try to take a camera when I get out and about.👍🏻

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 4 of 29
community giff-staffer

on: 16/07/2018 | 21:26
The beauty of a mirrorless system makes taking a camera out a doddle now @premierphotosuk - the added weight of a backpack, tripod, 5 lenses, extended grip and 6 batteries plus charger make it a bit more weighty mind lol. Granted most times I only go out with lens, camera and two batteries

giffgaff Educator

Message 5 of 29
by: illneverrememberit
on: 17/07/2018 | 10:02

feels a bit like you can see behind you, doesn't it @guy_ow Smiley Happy   Great shot Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 29
by: frenchielove
on: 17/07/2018 | 10:55

That is lovely @guy_ow how on earth do you get that angle? It is like you are actually in/on the river? 

Message 7 of 29
community giff-staffer

on: 17/07/2018 | 11:19
@frenchielove - there's an overflow system which you can get to easily, so it's right at the water level

giffgaff Educator

Message 8 of 29
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 17/07/2018 | 20:18
@guy_ow

What a great photo👍

Yvonne
Message 9 of 29
Highlighted
on: 17/07/2018 | 21:55

guy_ow wrote:

The beauty of a mirrorless system makes taking a camera out a doddle now @premierphotosuk - the added weight of a backpack, tripod, 5 lenses, extended grip and 6 batteries plus charger make it a bit more weighty mind lol. Granted most times I only go out with lens, camera and two batteries

@guy_ow You can't beat a good old bit of weight when traveling around with your camera gearSmiley LOL

Also bear in mind it keeps you fit too lugging it all around, that's why I know suffer with a bad back hahahaha.Smiley Wink

No seriously Guy I can also see your logic in taking less gear when out and about. Talking on the subject of mirrorless cameras I have read about them and have great potential but I'm a little old fashioned in that case, I still prefer the good old full frame mechanical shutter and hefty body's and lenses. I was against digital for many years and using a series of Nikon F5's and the Canon 1Dn 35mm film cameras for years. Love film.

Digital does and has its place in the pecking order these days and now it gives all them new photographers the chance to spray off as many shots (to get one good one) as they like these days, to me I've always been selective when taking my photos.

When im out and about taking picks wether landscapes etc I use a backpack and a harness or two and a lightweight carbon tripod, also another great attachment I use on my Canon's is an Canon C angle finder to get low down and them hard to get shots like yours above as it gets you into places you would not otherwise be able to achieve.

Message 10 of 29