Community

Quick lake photo

Started by: guy_ow
On: 16/07/2018 | 20:56
Replies: 28

by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 19/07/2018 | 18:50
Yeah Smiley Sad I know haha, tbf the 10-18mm was the main one I wanted. The next one might be a 12mm f2.0 for astro shots.

I will look into one for sure, I also need to grab a new tripod, come to realise the one I have whilst great and lightweight, it isn't the sturdiest with my camera plus addons on top, so I'll grab one suitable for 4kg I reckon.
Hmm I wonder if auto bracketing is on actually, I always forget to check things, I know about HDR mode where it goes a stop up, stop down and such and merges together.

Well atleast with Cannon you know you have quality gear, and definitley get some photos up here, otherwise I'll get @premierphotosuk to keep asking you like he did me lol.

Honestly would be great to see the photo board even more active with people posting photos

giffgaff Educator

Message 21 of 29
by: andyslc
on: 20/07/2018 | 07:37

@guy_ow AEB is like HDR but it doesn’t combine the images. Handy if the cameras moved at all between shots. The only way to ensure you got the right exposure before hdr.

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 22 of 29
by: pete2009
on: 20/07/2018 | 15:57

Nice photo. I especially like the colours on it.

Thanks.

Message 23 of 29
community giff-staffer

on: 20/07/2018 | 18:07
@andyslc - see I'm still leaning, wasn't fully aware of the difference between the two, just knew they were different lol.

giffgaff Educator

Message 24 of 29
by: oliverspooner
on: 21/07/2018 | 20:08

@guy_ow

Wonderful photograph – superb landscape. Excellent my friend!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 25 of 29
by: premierphotosuk
on: 23/07/2018 | 18:02 edited: 23/07/2018 | 18:04

guy_ow wrote:

Well atleast with Cannon you know you have quality gear, and definitley get some photos up here, otherwise I'll get @premierphotosuk to keep asking you like he did me lol.

Yes @guy_ow with the professional range of Canon gear and L lenses you certainly do.. Buddy how can you blame me I'm encouraging you to post and you know itSmiley TongueSmiley TongueSmiley TongueSmiley Wink

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 26 of 29
community giff-staffer

on: 23/07/2018 | 18:10

@premierphotosuk Smiley LOL true you were lol, oh yeah the Canon range have tons of toys to grab. 

I keep looking at bridge cameras now, so I really need to stop with the camera browsing haha

giffgaff Educator

Message 27 of 29
Highlighted
by: premierphotosuk
on: 23/07/2018 | 18:30

guy_ow wrote:

@premierphotosuk Smiley LOL true you were lol, oh yeah the Canon range have tons of toys to grab. 

I keep looking at bridge cameras now, so I really need to stop with the camera browsing haha

@guy_ow Behave you love it Smiley Wink Good for the sole looking at all this camera gear, I would ditch the bridge camera and save a few dollars and look at the full frame ones Guy.

You can't go wrong with them. 

On now in the photography board. Join in here Let's see and share some of your favourite animals. August challenge.

Message 28 of 29
community giff-staffer

on: 23/07/2018 | 18:37
@premierphotosuk - Oh I have been looking at full frame e mount bodies (so I can still use my aps-c lenses), I'll keep looking too, but as I always want a camera that can do a ridiculous frame per second continuous shot (a6000 does 11 in raw), I always limit myself to the more expensive ones lol

giffgaff Educator

Message 29 of 29