Get Help
Community

The gaff "photo of the week". Members - This list, will be updated on my return in 2019/20.

Started by: premierphotosuk
On: 19/06/2017 | 14:44
Replies: 62

Highlighted
by: premierphotosuk
on: 19/06/2017 | 14:44 edited: 29/12/2017 | 23:40
"Welcome"
This archive has been created for members that have and will be featured in The gaff.
just a heads up!!! could you please not post Photos/pictures in this thread as its only for The gaff photo of the week comments only Smiley Wink Thanks in Advance.
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif
 list Past and Present

Well done to all the members that have been featured in 2017, I will be updating all this upon my return with all latest Photo Of The Week that brulaw will be choosing while I'm away from 2018/19

All the Photos below are all from the year 2017

Photo of the week for The gaff - 29th December 2017/Issue #246. Is Member - jeanlk

Click to reveal

This weeks photo deserves a mention, and as it's the run up to New Year's DaySmiley Happy This weeks photo is going to jeanlk for this lovely photo of The Lights of Edinburgh it seems seemed appropriate to add this photo as also states it's my first photo contribution. I thought this photo will get us all into the feeling and sense of New YearsSmiley Wink And as im also leaving giffgaff this photo fits the bill for my farewell tooSmiley Wink 

They even also state the equipment used: taken on an iPhone 5s on 20.12.17

So when I saw this photo they had to be added  to The gaff this weekSmiley Happy

You can see more in their main thread: The Lights of Edinburgh Here 

Here is some of what the giffgaff members also had to say regarding these photos: There’s a real festive atmosphere, Superb photo!! wow!

The Lights of Edinburgh.jpgThe Lights of Edinburgh by jeanlk

Thanks for your lovely photo of The Lights of Edinburgh and for sharing your photo with the giffgaff community.Smiley Wink

So in light of what I have seen and the community has said about your photo and not just for receiving kudos. This weeks photos deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Well done jeanlk keep up the great photos and sharing with the giffgaff community and hope to see more from youSmiley Happy   

Photo of the week for The gaff - 22nd December 2017/Issue #245. Is Member - shortylumber

Click to reveal

This weeks photos deserves a mention and as it's the run up to Christmas woulden't you just love to have snow at Christmas  you can this yearSmiley Happy I decided still to keep it within this theme as it's only three days to CHRISTMAS Yipeeeee I hear you say this week is for shortylumber for his two lovely photos of It's only a bit of snow and seemed appropriate to add these photos to get us all into the feeling and sense of Christmas.

I had to mix the two photos together so they can be shown on The gaff as I felt these photos should added to The gaff featured photos listSmiley Wink

He also states: Nature really does hold onto our rubbish and bring it back at the worst of their timeSmiley Sad

Added Just 2 photos I managed to get on a walk in the snow. Edited with snapspeed on my phone

So when I saw these photos they had to be added  to The gaff this weekSmiley Happy

You can see both of the seperate photos in his main thread: It's only a bit of snow Here 

Here is some of what the giffgaff members also had to say regarding these photos: well done thanks for sharing, Wow!!
what love photos and love them, Amazing, Lovely seasonal photos!

It's only a bit of snow.jpgby shortylumber - It's only a bit of snow

Thanks for your lovely photos of It's only a bit of snow and for sharing your photo with the giffgaff community.Smiley Wink

So in light of what I have seen and the community has said about your photo and not just for receiving kudos. This weeks photos deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Well done shortylumber keep up the great photos and sharing with the giffgaff community and hope to see more from youSmiley Happy   

Photo of the week for The gaff - 15th December 2017/Issue #244. Is Member - abiable

Click to reveal

This weeks photo deserves a mention and as it's the run up to Christmas I decided still to keep it within this theme again this week for their two lovely photo of Christmas Lights from abiable and getting the feeling and sense of Christmas I felt this photo should added to the featured photos list as it also it ties in with all the Christmas theme, events that are on and around giffgaff this month Smiley Wink it's great they have stated the equipment used to take these photos. Taken on a motorola G3. 

I must admit I love to see different Christmas lights, so when I saw this photo it had to be this one for The gaff !

You can see the other photos in their main thread Here Christmas lights in Lincoln. 

Here is some of what the giffgaff members had to say regarding this photo: There beautifull lights. Really nice, gets you ready for the festive season, How pretty, very Christmassy! You can read all the nice comments within their thread. 

large (2).jpgChristmas lights in Lincoln. by abiable

Thanks for your lovely photo of Christmas lights in Lincoln. and for sharing your photo with the giffgaff community.Smiley Wink

So in light of what I have seen and the community has said about your photo and not just for receiving kudos. This weeks photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Well done abiable keep up the great photos and sharing with the giffgaff community and hope to see more from youSmiley Happy   

Photo of the week for The gaff - 8th December 2017/Issue #243. Is Member - sophiejam92

Click to reveal

This weeks photo deserves a mention to sophiejam92 for their lovely photo of Teddy and Pooch. Taken from my challenge "Winter Christmas" I felt as it snowing today in some parts of the UK like where I live and looks beautiful seeing it and getting the feeling and sense of Christmas I felt this photo should added to the featured photos list as it also it ties in with all the Christmas theme events that are on and around giffgaff this month Smiley Wink

I must admit I love snow, so when I saw this photo it had to be this one for The gaff !

You can see the sophiejam92 photo in my main thread here The Winter Christmas photography - graphic challenge for December through to January 2018 if you fancy adding a photo, it would be lovely to see you there posting your photosSmiley Happy

Here is some of what the giffgaff members had to say regarding this photo? great pic. The lil dogs face has a look that says "if my mates see me in this hat I'm dead" 

large (1).jpgTeddy and Pooch By: sophiejam92

Thanks for your lovely photo of Teddy and Pooch and for sharing your photo with the giffgaff community.Smiley Wink

So in light of what I have seen and the community has said about your photo and not just for receiving kudos. This weeks photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Well done sophiejam92 keep up the great photos and sharing with the giffgaff community and hope to see more from youSmiley Happy   

Photo of the week for The gaff - 1st December 2017/Issue #242. Is Member - aim101

Click to reveal

This weeks photo deserves a shout out to aim101 for their lovely photo, of Exeter Sunrise. What they had to say about this photo. Out and about in Exeter today, caught an early sunrise on the quay, rowers on the river and a very calm day.

I must admit i love photos like this an when I saw this photo it certainly caught my eye!

So in view of what the members had to say and what i believe this photo within this thread needed to be seen and featured in The gaff, you can see the members comments and photo in their main thread here

Some of what the giffgaff members had to say regarding this photo? Beautiful photovery nice, Like the colour of the sun rising framed by the grey water & buildings. Very atmospheric.

By aim101 Exeter Sunrise.jpgBy: aim101 Exeter Sunrise

Thanks for your lovely photo of Exeter Sunrise and sharing your photo with the giffgaff community.Smiley Wink

So in light of what I have seen and the community has said about your photo and not just for receiving kudos. This weeks photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Well done aim101 keep up the great photos and sharing with the giffgaff community and hope to see more from youSmiley Happy   

Photo of the week for The gaff - 24th November 2017/Issue #241. Is Member deborah123456

Click to reveal

This weeks photo deserves a shout out to deborah123456 for their lovely photos, as we know many places around the country preparing this week for their Xmas lights switch on, so I thought it would be fitting to have this theme to get us in the spirit of the coming season of Christmas!

So these photos within their thread and as they have posted a few photos in the same thread, and they needed to be seen, you can see all of them in the main thread here Click here

Some of what the giffgaff members had to say? Looks exciting, Nice picture, I love the lights Amazing, and lights look absolutely beautiful!!!

They also stated in the thread enjoyed a night out watching the lights being turned on thomas enjoyed it very much

Xmas.jpglights switch on By:deborah123456

Thanks for your lovely photos of the  photos of Christmas lights switch on and sharing your photos with the giffgaff community.Smiley Wink

So in light of what I have seen and the community has said about your photos and not just for receiving kudos. This week these photos deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Well done deborah123456 keep up the creativeness and sharing your photos and hope to see more from youSmiley Happy   

Photo of the week for The gaff - 17th November 2017/Issue #240. Is Member - masterluke

Click to reveal

These Photographs deserves a shout out to masterluke for the four fantastic photos within in their thread and to show many gaffer's the chance to see some lovely views of the Aurora + Milky Way as they have posted a few photos in the same thread, so I've decided to blend 3 of them them together as they are absolutely beautiful and needed to be seen, you can see all of them in the main thread here Click here

Some of what the giffgaff members had to say? Wow, Amazing, and Oh my!!!

They also stated in the thread That was quite a show yesterday evening. Took these photos before the moonrise.

Aurora + Milky Way.jpgAurora + Milky Way By masterluke

Thanks for your lovely photos of the Aurora + Milky Way and sharing your photos with the giffgaff community.Smiley Wink

So in light of what I have seen and the community has said about your photos and not just for receiving kudos. This week these photos deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Well done masterluke keep up the creativeness and sharing your photos and hope to see more from youSmiley Happy   

Photo of the week for The gaff - 10th November 2017/Issue #239. Is Member - thesepticpheasant

Click to reveal

This Photograph deserves a shout out as it is still Autumn! I thought before Winter sets in and many gaffer's missed the chance of some lovely views of Autumn because the wind blew all the leaves from the trees before other members had a chance to get some lovely Autumn photos themselves, this photo of Donadea Forest! with all the leaves changing and laying on the floor and with the colder days now coming, also added with the nice view This photo deserves a mention and to go to thesepticpheasant, they also stated what device was also used. Taken with Canon Eos 60DSmiley Wink

Donadea Forest.jpgDonadea Forest By:thesepticpheasant

Thanks for sharing your lovely Autumn photo and sharing your photos with the community.Smiley Wink

So in light of what I have seen and the community has said about your photo. So for this week I thought this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff, here is the link to their thread and photo Donadea Forest Well done thesepticpheasant keep up the creativeness and sharing your photosSmiley Happy   

Photo of the week for The gaff - 3rd November 2017/Issue #238. Is Member - markulous

Click to reveal

This Photograph has certainly caught my eye the photo of Today's Dog Walk and what they saw! This is one big fungus or mushroom, they state it Must've been nearly a foot across - it was enormous! This photo deserves to go to markulous for this lovely photo,  they quoted in the thread, Luckily, I have patient dogs (well, a bit!) so stopping to get shots like this they're relatively used to - other half, not so much.  And lovely with the light coming through while out "Dogwalking"  Also within the thread one member states It's like an Alice in wonderland creation, I have to tend to agree it doe's too and thinking I love the concept of this photo.Smiley Surprised It's defo BIGSmiley Wink

it was enormous! By markulous.jpgIt was enormous! By markulous

Thanks for sharing your Massive mushroom or fungus and sharing your photos with the community.Smiley Wink

So in light of what I have seen and the community has said about your photo. Camera used Canon G12. So for this week I thought this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff, here is the link to their thread and photo Today's Dog Walk  Well done markulous keep up the creativeness and sharing your photosSmiley Happy   

Photo of the week for The gaff - 27th October 2017/Issue #237. Is Member - clikasarus Trick or treat time has arrived.

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week I've decided as it's Halloween week and I had taken it from aggy_agate thread Trick or treat time has arrived. for this Photograph of (my Halloween balloon models) this is 1 of 3 photos within her post and it deserves to go to clikasarus for These lovely photos.  She had quoted in a post (I thought I would share my Halloween balloon models with you and also states I used to do them for a charity to help them make funds, the kids love them. This proves to us gaffers she can make interesting things with a balloon or two! Smiley Wink

my Halloween balloon models.jpgHappy Halloween by clikasarusThanks for sharing your creative side and taking part and sharing your photos with the community. you've done a lovely job with the photos and your balloon's.Smiley Wink

So in light of what I have seen, so for this week I thought this photo deserves to be featured in this week's  Here is the link to her post here Photos 1 of 3 Happy Halloween   Well done clikasarus keep up the creativeness and sharing your photos and those fantastic balloon's for the kiddiesSmiley Happy Smiley Happy     

No Photo of the week for The gaff - 20th October 2017/Issue #236. Due to other commitments this week.

Photo of the week for The gaff - 13th October 2017/Issue #235. Is Member - frenchielove

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week I've decided is for this Photograph of Swanage bay this morning it deserves to go to frenchielove for "These lovely photos"  She had quoted in her thread (I am not good at this by any means, but thought I would share) This proves to us gaffers she can take photos and with the moral support she received from gaffers and myself, reading further in the thread she again stated (I am no photographer). 

I replied to her within the thread (Listen to me you don't have to be a photographer to take photos just enjoy taking them, no one is here to judge you, it's the taking part and sharing your photos with the community. you've done a lovely job with the photos you have takenSmiley Wink

Ps, Don't put yourself down you've done very well as you have posted them to show us. Now don't want to hear anymore silly talk about im no photographer OK.Smiley Tongue

Swanage bay this morning By frenchielove 2.jpgSwanage bay this morning By frenchielove 2Swanage bay this morning By frenchielove 2Swanage bay this morning By frenchielove.jpgSwanage bay this morning By frenchielove 1Swanage bay this morning By frenchielove 1

So in light of what i have seen and read and she stated with reply to all the gaffers (Thank you all so much, you are right, it's about sharing isn't it? I hope to get some more this week. That is why I love this board, you are all so supportive and encouraging) within her thread, so for this week - I thought this photo deserves to be featured in this week's  Here is the link to her photo thread Swanage bay this morning Well done frenchielove keep sharing your photosSmiley Happy

Photo of the week for The gaff - 6th October 2017/Issue #234. Is Member - shellz10 for the Autumn challenge

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week I've decided is for this Photograph from The giffgaff Autumn photography challenge it deserves to go to shellz10 for "This lovely photo of Autumn leaves"  This proves to us gaffers that Autumn is definitely here.Smiley Wink

Photo of the week 6th October. Done.jpgBy shellz10 for "This lovely photo of Autumn leaves.

After reading through the Autumn thread, the members have all shown us some fantastic photos. I have to admit it was a hard decision to choose between all these lovely photos, but i could only choose one and this is it?. It certainly shows us  a sign of Autumn with the colour of the leaves changing.Smiley Happy

Equipment used to take this lovely photo? Taken at my local park with Samsung smart phone. 

There has been some great photos posted in the Autumn challenge. For this week - I thought this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff.Smiley Wink  Here is the link to this photo Autumn leaves Well done shellz10Smiley Happy   

Photo of the week for The gaff - 29th September 2017/Issue #233. Is Member - patchandcrew 

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week I've decided is for this fantastic Photograph of Starlings.  it deserves to go to  patchandcrew for "This lovely starling"  This is one of two photos within his thread, which is also equally as as as this photo.Smiley Wink

patchandcrew Starlings..jpgBy patchandcrew - Starlings.

After reading through the thread, the members all gave nice comments regarding this photo. I have to admit im a soft touch when it comes to animals especially when someone taking a photo like this.Smiley Happy

Equipment used to take these lovely photo? He also stated All we're photos taken with a Nikon D40, and lens for these shots is Nikon 70-300vr, its my main lens for outdoor, for indoor I am getting to know my new 35mm 1.8f lens but its a work in progress as I have only had that one a couple of weeks.

It was a hard choice to decide as there has been some great photos over the last few weeks posted in photography. So for this week - and with the interaction this thread and photo received from the community,  I thought this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff.  Here is the link to this photo Starlings Well done patchandcrewSmiley Happy 

Photo of the week for The gaff - 22nd September 2017/Issue #232. Is Member - irenahalder  "Collage challenge Sep/Oct"

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week I've decided to take a photo from my Collage challenge September/October.  it deserves to go to irenahalder for "This lovely collage of her fostered cats"  

By irenahalder.jpgBy irenahalder fostered cats

After reading through my thread, the members all seem to enjoy taking part and it was very hard to decide which one to choose this photo of collage from irenahalder melted my heart, as i have to admit im a soft touch when it comes to animals especially when someone like her has stepped in to look after these adorable fluff balls.Smiley Happy

Equipment used to take these lovely photos with? All photos taken with my IPad Air then collaged in PicCollage.

It was a hard choice to decide. So for this week - and with the interaction this thread and photo received from the community,  I thought this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff.  Here is the link to her photo  A few of the cats I fostered for Mayhew Well done irenahalderSmiley Happy 

Photo of the week for The gaff - 15th September 2017/Issue #231. Is Member - mark1101b "for entering summer sunset photos"

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week I decided to take a photo from aggy_agate thread posted in photography called "Share your summer sunset photos". As we all know summer is coming to endSmiley Sad & it felt it fitting to post one of the photos from that thread. So the one i've chosen for this week is by marlk1101b what a beautiful place called ( Koh Tao Thailand ) & photo indeed.

Koh Tao. Thailand.jpgBy mark1101b - Koh Tao. Thailand

So for this week - and with the interaction that aggy_agate's thread has got from the community, and was just the right photo to choose so there I thought this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff.Smiley Happy

well done mark1101b for sharing this lovely photoSmiley Wink

If you fancy posting a summer sunset photos in aggy_agate's thread you can go here to post it i'am sure she would love to see you there Share your summer sunset photos Smiley Happy

Photo of the week for The gaff - 8th September 2017/Issue #230. Is Member - bluemoonbaz

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week it deserves to go to our very own bluemoonbaz for "Gone Fishing"...He claims to have only caught seaweed.Smiley LOL.?."   Equipment used: Taken with taken on LG phone on stock settings 

Only seaweed.jpgGone Fishing: bluemoonbaz

After reading through his thread, the members all seem to enjoy his photo even though He stated (only caught seaweed), I was hoping he would bring us all on giffgaff some fine fish for tea, but that diden't seem to be the caseSmiley Wink Im even wondering did he have any bait on that hook or was it an excuse just to be by the sea and not share his fine fish with usSmiley Tongue You hear all about fisherman's tails, did he or diden't catch any?. So for this week - and with the interaction this photo also got from the community, and was not only just for receiving kudos. I thought this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff.  Here is the link to his thread: Gone Fishing. Well done bluemoonbazSmiley Happy 

Photo of the week for The gaff - 1st September 2017/Issue #229. Is Member - snowman1888 

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week it deserves to go to @ snowman1888 for "Butterfly"...on Echinacea..?."  He also states They love these.. Equipement used...   Taken with fuji x-pro1.

Snownan1888.jpgButterfly on Echinacea.. snowman1888

So for this week - I decided and with great interaction this photo also got from the community, and was not only just for receiving kudos.

After reading through his thread, the members all seem to enjoy his photoSmiley Wink  So this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. He has also added many photos in the past on photography. Here is the link to his thread Butterfly on Echinacea.. Well done snowman1888Smiley Happy 

NO Photo of the week for The gaff - 25th August 2017/Issue #228. Due to other commitments this week.

Photo of the week for The gaff - 21st August 2017/Issue #227. is Member - cim for "Mystery Macro photos"

Click to reveal
For this week's photo of the week I have taken a different direction, it deserves to go to cim for hosting a selection of Mystery Macro photos "...can you tell what these are?".

I decided this with great interaction these photos got from the community, and it was not only just for receiving kudos. After reading through this thread, the members all seem to enjoyed taking part and having fun - well done to cim for hosting this little challenge of macro photos for the members to guess and enjoy Smiley Happy 

. cim has also stated this is not the last Macro Challenge. He posted more tricky Mystery Macros now Smiley WinkSmiley Happy.  So if you fancy your chances, you can join in as he has added his next challenge. For the last full thread and new challenge of photos of Mystery Macros see here.

Mystery Macros 1 of 6 By cim (1).jpgMystery Macro by cim

Photo of the week for The gaff - 11th August 2017/Issue #226. is Member - magsiebee

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week deserves to go to magsiebee for her photo My Sunbathing Buddy

"...she said This beautiful butterfly landed on my sun lounger arm and then fluttered on to my hand. It made my day!." 

So I decided with some great interaction her photo got from the community, and was not only just for receiving kudos.

Reading through her thread I said in my reply?  Well done on the adventure you and your new found friend had, its great to see at one with nature. Thanks for sharing your fantastic experience. It's also nice of you to pop on the photography section to post this. But im afraid she didn't let us what device was used which was a shame, but i still had to mention this lovely photo of her friend?. 

So believe her photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Well done magsiebee and Thanks for sharing this and your new found friend with the giffgaff community please come back and share more of your photos.Smiley WinkSmiley Happy

Sunbathing Buddy.jpgSunbathing Buddy: By magsiebee

My Sunbathing Buddy

Photo of the week for The gaff - 04th August 2017/Issue #225. is Member - brulaw "Abstract Photo Challenge"

Click to reveal

For this week's photo of the week I have taken a different direction on this from the norm, it deserves to go to brulaw for his Abstract photo of "Watch it" for this week only I decided to find a photo from Hosted on my "...The giffgaff Abstract Photo Challenge" I thought it was quite unusual looking device and it was every bit very blingy looking, I reckon if you wear that on your arm you certainly draw some attention to yourself. 

Here are the setting's used: Abstract  mode.

I believe his unusual photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Well done  brulaw and Thanks for sharing this with the giffgaff community Smiley Wink 

See it here The giffgaff Abstract Photo Challenge.medium.jpgWatch it - By:brulaw

Photo of the week for The gaff - 28th July 2017/Issue #224. is Member - rachellouisefrench

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week deserves to go to rachellouisefrench for her photo of Starting out with photography

"...she is Starting college this August to study photography."  Happy day's.

So I decided and with the great interaction Her photos got from the community, and not only just for receiving kudos.

Reading through her thread I like how she joked about being (I'm 25 so going college as a mature student). She is not shy in taking and welcoming constructive feedback either, I believe she has the potential to do very well in photography.

So all that's left for me to say? I wish you all the success in your future in photography, and I think I can also speak on behalf of all our fellow gaffer's. But i'am sure they would like to wish you well themselves.

Here are the device and setting's she used: taken on a Nikon coolpix b500. In automatic mode.

I believe her photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Well done  rachellouisefrench and Thanks for sharing this and your great great photography with the giffgaff communitySmiley Wink 

Starting out with photographylarge.jpgby: rachellouisefrench Shell's.

Photo of the week for The gaff - 22nd July 2017/Issue #223. is Member - blackfive460

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week deserves to go to blackfive460 for the photo of I wonder "...where that road goes?"  So I decided and with the interaction it got from , and not only just for receiving kudos.

Also I like how he told the story behind how he achieved this photo and explaining the tweaks he had also used.

He also admitted what the full truth was behind his photo in his reply in his thread he quoted (Time to 'fess up...

As with many, actually most of my photographs, the final appearance is not just down to what I saw through the viewfinder at the time. Training oneself to 'see' a good photograph is important of course but if you are keen, it's equally important to 'see' how the final image could look.)

Here are the device and setting's he used Panasonic DMC-TZ100 f/5.6 1/2000 ISO 100

So in this case of being honest and the fascination how this photo became to be, I believe this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff. Well done blackfive460 and Thanks for sharing this and your great great photographySmiley WinkI wonder... By blackfive.jpgI wonder... By blackfive.

I wonder... 

Photo of the week for The gaff - 14th July 2017/Issue #222. is Member - bobrobinson

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week deserves to go to @bobrobinson for the photo of his Ship in a Bottle. He has shown us all a little bit of history of days gone by with this great photo, so decided and with the interaction it received from , and not only just for receiving kudos. I believe this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff.

I had to choose this because of what other giffgaff members think and what he also does for as a whole with his great contributions. So it deserves this in the light of the a little interaction it received it is a great example of times gone by and what was nice he told us what the camera was used it was taken with a canon powershot, and the place this was taken "Greenwich park" London, Well done bobrobinson. Thanks for sharing your great photography, and I do hope you still continue to share you photos.Smiley Very Happy

bobrobinson Ship in a Bottle.jpgBy bobrobinson Ship in a Bottle

Ship in a Bottle

Photo of the week for The gaff - 6th July 2017/Issue #221. is Member - drakanstyr

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week deserves to go to drakanstyr for the photo of The Great Orion nebula. He claims this is one of my best achievements in Astrophotography. I don't belive what iam seeing I think this is awsome and we have all been shown such a great photo, so decided and with the fantastic interaction it got from , and not only just for receiving kudos. I believe this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff.

It has been a great talking point with members how they felt and commented after seeing this photo and also I loved the whole concept of what this photo has to offer with the nice depth of colour - contrast that's portrayed within the night sky, i love astrophotography, I find the whole concept of this type of photography interesting.

Yes it was all achieved with this equipment Skywatcher Evostar ED80 Pro mounted on HEQ5 Pro, Skywatcher ST80 as guiding scope, guiding camera, light pollution filter, laptop to run all the software, a DSLR camera. Well done. Thanks for sharing this great photographySmiley Wink

The Great Orion nebula by drakanstyr.jpgThe Great Orion nebula by drakanstyr

Photo of the week for The gaff - 30th June 2017/Issue #220. is Member - illneverrememberit

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week deserves to go to illneverrememberit for the photo of Captive harvest mice. They have shown us all a great photo, so decided and with the interaction it received from , and not only just for receiving kudos.Smiley Wink I believe this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff.Smiley Wink

I had to choose this because of what other giffgaff members think. So it deserves this in the light of the interaction it received, it is a great example of composure, and the naturalness that you can see within this photo even though this was taken in captivity. Well done! Thanks for sharing your great photography with  Smiley Very Happy

BC24203F-AA41-4018-9C52-487CDF610716-813-000001557289AE80.jpegCaptive harvest mice. By illneverrememberit.

Photo of the week for The gaff - 23rd June 2017/Issue #219. is Member - yvonnearmstrong

Click to reveal

This week's photo of the week deserves to go to yvonnearmstrong for the photo of Druidge bay. They have shown us all a great photo, so decided and with the interaction from , and not only just for receiving kudos. I believe this photo deserves to be featured in this week's gaff...

love the whole concept of what this photo has to offer with the nice sandy beach depth of colour - contrast that's portrayed within the cloudy sky, and yes it was all achieved on a Samsung Galaxy S7. Well done yvonnearmstrong! Thanks for sharing your great photographySmiley Wink

large.jpgDruidge bay.

Run by you.png 

Thanks for reading The gaff.

Photography Man-PNG.pngInterested in sharing a photo or photos you've taken? Please post a thread in Photography.

Anyone is welcome and can join in, whether you're an amateur or a professional... All you need to do is add a few simple tips, we need to know, ie: you can use any "devices" to take your photos, all we need is a brief description of your photo and device used (Subject to change). Remember please post them here in Photography

Decorative-Line-.png

1600.pngThis is your chance to showcase your photography with everybody. Sharing how you took the photo is really important as it will also help educate other giffgaff members who want to learn more about photography, and achieve lovely photos like you've taken. So please, share the giffgaff love, and help some budding photographers out. You never know, your Photography could be featured in the The gaff. Good luck everyoneSmiley Happy

smile dhdhdhdh.jpg

Pick-of-the-Week-ddd.pngBrought to you in conjunction with The gaff
And giffgaff members premierphotosuk and willp789.

ssbdbdb.jpg

On now in the photography board. Join in here Being creative with your photos or graphics.

Message 1 of 63
by: bobrobinson
on: 19/06/2017 | 20:01

Hiya @premierphotosuk

Its looking good mate. And loking forward to seeing some great photos in the gaff.

All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 63
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 19/06/2017 | 21:27
that's going to be great👍I love the photo threads
thanks
Yvonne
Message 3 of 63
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 21/06/2017 | 13:59
That's very impressive premierphotosuk 👍
Yvonne
Message 4 of 63
by: suem15
on: 24/06/2017 | 20:55

Looks good on the iPad @premierphotosuk.  Thank you @yvonnearmstrong for the lovely photo.

Message 5 of 63
by: chand311
on: 30/06/2017 | 23:06 edited: 30/06/2017 | 23:27

Hi @premierphotosuk fantastic thread for gaffers, thanks for that and fabulous photos by @illneverrememb and  @yvonnearmstrong.

Nice clicks .

Message 6 of 63
by: giffer23
on: 01/07/2017 | 09:13
Good to see this topic. Love to see new pictures.
Message 7 of 63
by: mark1101b
on: 02/07/2017 | 12:05

@premierphotosuk

Nice job bud...Looking forward to seeing the amazing photo's that members come up with ....

Image result for animated camera gifs

Message 8 of 63
by: premierphotosuk
on: 02/07/2017 | 21:10 edited: 02/07/2017 | 21:11

@mark1101b @chand311 @giffer23 @yvonnearmstrong Thanks for the kind words regarding this thread I really appreciate it.Smiley Happy I'am looking through to see who will be featured in this weeks gaff for the 7th July,  I'm glad to so many of you have shared some really good photos and looking at the different discussions surrounding them on various photos and not just for collecting on the basis of just receiving Kudos, it's all about many different aspects and from all what the lovely gaffers have said..Smiley Wink Keep sharing your photos and your kink words and opinions on other members photos. Good luck.👍🏻

On now in the photography board. Join in here Being creative with your photos or graphics.

Message 9 of 63
by: drakanstyr
on: 06/07/2017 | 20:36
Oh my! I feel so spoiled, thank you for this feeling, and I mean it.
Message 10 of 63