Started by: aggy_agate
On: 23/02/2017 | 15:38
Replies: 185

Highlighted
by: aggy_agate
on: 23/02/2017 | 15:38 edited: 24/02/2017 | 11:09

Photography challene.jpg

Hi folks,

I bet you've noticed that for the past few months all our channels including the lovely Community forums have been floated with some quirky photography style images, gifs, videos and so on. For some of these we have actually collaborated with you guys and that's why they're so ace. Together with you, we just do things better -it's no surprise!

The new photography style represents our Community, it represents how spirited and friendly we are. So here's a challenge. Put a big smile on your face, grab a phone or a camera, go out and create Vintage themed photography so we can potentially use them for some cool projects.  

Assets we're looking for:

• Old tech (watches, clocks, TVs, radios, cameras, record players etc)
  • Vintage furniture (sofas, tables, wardrobes, armchairs etc) 
  • Vintage cars (grandad's garage?) 
  • Wallpapers (nana's gaff?)
  • Nature - vintage photography style (https://uk.pinterest.com/explore/vintage-nature-photography/)
  • People dressed up in vintage clothing - but let's be careful with this one as we won't be able to use this for cross-channels. 

Copyright:

Spoiler
We will never use your photography without the author's permission so even if you don't want us to create cut-outs for photography style content you can still get involved for fun. We'll always get in touch to ask if we can use your photography and always reference you as an author if you're happy for us to do so. Smiley Happy

Have some fun ladies and gents! 

Aggie, the giffgaff Content Coordinator  

banner.png

Message 1 of 186
by: ijustcantdoit
on: 23/02/2017 | 16:36
@aggy_agate
Cool idea I will keep eye out for suitable pics for you
“Welcome
Message 2 of 186
by: bobrobinson
on: 23/02/2017 | 16:43

Hiya @aggy_agate.

Thats a brilliant idea. Il have to have a look round and see what i can find.

All the best Bob. Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 186
by: frenchielove
on: 23/02/2017 | 18:59

I am not a photographer, but I love looking at all the beautiful photos on here, so this is something I am really looking forward to seeing

Message 4 of 186
by: macca28
on: 23/02/2017 | 19:51 edited: 23/02/2017 | 19:52
I will ask granddad for you in the morning Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 186
by: premierphotosuk
on: 23/02/2017 | 20:00

@aggy_agate It's great to see some interesting things going on sorrounding this section, I hope it becomes a success, I will put these couple of old house photos up I took these a while ago they maybe to old for the era your looking for but you most welcome to use them if they are of any use to you.

IMG_0083.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

if I get some more I will post them up.Smiley Wink

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My guide & link to giffgaff members posting Photos on the Photography Forum let's help.

My guide & link to Help protect you're photograph's/images against plagiarism/copying

on the internet.
Message 6 of 186
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 23/02/2017 | 20:25
Oooooh what a great idea👍
And it will be interesting
Thanks
Yvonne
Message 7 of 186
on: 24/02/2017 | 09:36

Thank you so much @premierphotosuk this is amazing! I'm so glad you guys are up for this. Smiley Happy

If you have any old tech at parents house you can create something like this https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---5R3vYpX--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/13...

Think old cars, tech, furniture, architecture, clothing. We won't be able to use any images of people that haven't agreed to it but you can dress up someone who's happy to be in these pictures and is informed we might ask for a permission to use them on the site.  

You can even play around with images of nature and give them that vintage look. Here's some inspiration https://uk.pinterest.com/explore/vintage-nature-photography/

banner.png

Message 8 of 186
on: 24/02/2017 | 11:12

Hey guys,

Just so you know I have updated the thread with some examples of what assets we're looking for. This might help a little. Smiley Happy

I'm not sure if we can use any images with people but there's soooo much we can still do with other things. Literally, grab a cam and take pictures of old suff haha. 

banner.png

Message 9 of 186
by: premierphotosuk
on: 24/02/2017 | 11:26

@aggy_agate Here is a set of old Butcher weigh scales from the 50/60s and couple of old classic rollers from a classic show I went too and taken a few years back on an old Samsung, your welcome to use these. I hope they will help.Smiley Wink

2014-09-21 15.30.08.jpg2014-04-13 13.28.10.jpg2014-04-13 13.30.41.jpg2014-04-13 13.28.52.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My guide & link to giffgaff members posting Photos on the Photography Forum let's help.

My guide & link to Help protect you're photograph's/images against plagiarism/copying

on the internet.
Message 10 of 186