Knowledge Base
Community

Issues / Errors Sending Private Messages - 7th September 2018

Started by: paul_d_
On: 07/09/2018 | 17:46
Replies: 84

by: natty_noo
on: 12/01/2019 | 23:00
PM's not working again @paul_d_ . Button changes colour but doesn't send. Have tried over and over again but they just won't send.
Message 71 of 85
on: 12/01/2019 | 23:07

And now this, except i haven't even managed to send one message yet let alone 'reached the limit', whatever that is Smiley Indifferent

Screenshot_2019-01-12-23-03-50-1.png

Message 72 of 85
on: 13/01/2019 | 13:32
I still can't send PM's 😕
Message 73 of 85
by: b_richards
on: 13/01/2019 | 13:48

@natty_noo wrote:

PM's not working again @paul_d_ . Button changes colour but doesn't send. Have tried over and over again but they just won't send.

Same here. I even tried sending one to myself incase the problem was on the other end, but no, it still wouldn't send Smiley Sad

Message 74 of 85
by: jesi23
on: 13/01/2019 | 19:01

it can’t be that, because I tried again directly from the profile of the educator and was still told that the message didn’t exist

Click to reveal
116F95FA-2FD9-4C9A-A2B3-E9FB6EFFEA7C.png

Click to reveal

@harrrrrry wrote:

@baconbutty @holier_than_thou

Not sure if it's relevent here, but

• the sender can delete PMs after they are sent
  • deleting a message that has been sent (so I'm told) deletes it only from the sender's outbox, not from the receivers inbox

So perhaps replying to a deleted message brings up that error? Though as PMs aren't threaded anyway. it shouldn't really matter as long as there's a copy of the message in your inbox sufficient to know who to reply to.

I hope we don’t continue to have this problem after the new platform … 

I am slightly apprehensive about the change to Vanilla … and anticipating as well … anything new is slightly threatening in a way … but I have always risen to a challenge, so I know I should cope ok … 

🤡 Jes

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Message 75 of 85
Highlighted
by: paul_d_
community giff-staffer

on: 14/01/2019 | 09:46

Morning all,

Sorry about that, yes we did see a rather long period where Pm's were not avaliable over the weekend, this has now been rectified and are now working as normal this morning. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Paul.

giffgaff Educator

Message 76 of 85
by: account98
on: 14/02/2019 | 16:33
@paul_d_
Hi, pm,s aren't currently working for me, tried on a few accounts
Message 77 of 85
by: dtuxcomp
on: 14/02/2019 | 21:56

@paul_d_  Just to let you know my PM's went down again today, I've heard from at least 3 other members that theirs are failing too, with mine it just got no further than the send button, no messages - but in this thread they are getting a report about message limits or something Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised

@jjayleon  &  @macca28  Here's the thread I was talking about, don't feel you need to read it all through, but it might be worth you keeping an eye on any new posts as the GG staff are quite good at posting back to these with new info, also you can tag a report of your issues onto the end of this thread if you want, feel free to give me an "@" mention if you like, and I'll keep you updated if I hear any news.

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 78 of 85
by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 14/02/2019 | 21:57
@account98 - Unfortunately it would seem that the PM's did indeed go down earlier on today and are at this time still down. I did manage to get one through earlier on, but calling it intermittent wouldn't be right.

giffgaff Educator

Message 79 of 85
by: dtuxcomp
on: 14/02/2019 | 22:23

@guy_ow wrote:

@account98 - Unfortunately it would seem that the PM's did indeed go down earlier on today and are at this time still down. I did manage to get one through earlier on, but calling it intermittent wouldn't be right.

@guy_ow  Thanks, at least we know it's not just a small few members then, hopefully it can be fixed tomorrow and not run through the weekend Smiley Sad How long 'till we ditch Lithium now ? Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 80 of 85