on: 07/09/2018 | 17:46 edited: 07/09/2018 | 21:25

Service

Status

Sending Private Messages (Community)

ylw_pix.jpg Intermittent / Errors

All other community functions

grn_pix.jpg Available

Summary

We have identified an issue when attempting to send a Private Message within the community, Our technical teams are currently investigating this issue as a priority and hope to restore this function as quickly as possible. In the meantime members affected may not be able to Send Private message  & may see an error similar to " The private message you were trying to access does not exist. Please click the Back button on your browser." or you may experience an error where you are directed to an error page. Please bare with us whilst we investigate & rectify this issue.

Most Recent Update

21:23 - 7th September 2018

Evening everyone,

We have identified an issue when attempting to send a Private Message within the community, Our technical teams are currently investigating this issue as a priority and hope to restore this function as quickly as possible. In the meantime members affected may not be able to Send Private message  & may see an error similar to " The private message you were trying to access does not exist. Please click the Back button on your browser." or you may experience an error where you are directed to an error page. Please bare with us whilst we investigate & rectify this issue.

At this time our community team & members may be unable to send Private Messages. If you report a thread via the "report content" button the community team will action this but you may not receive confirmation of your report. 

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patience whilst we investigate & rectify this issue.

Regards.

Paul.

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date. 

Click to reveal

Most Recent Update

21:23 - 7th September 2018

Evening everyone,

We have identified an issue when attempting to send a Private Message within the community, Our technical teams are currently investigating this issue as a priority and hope to restore this function as quickly as possible. In the meantime members affected may not be able to Send Private message  & may see an error similar to " The private message you were trying to access does not exist. Please click the Back button on your browser." or you may experience an error where you are directed to an error page. Please bare with us whilst we investigate & rectify this issue.

At this time our community team & members may be unable to send Private Messages. If you report a thread via the "report content" button the community team will action this but you may not receive confirmation of your report. 

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patience whilst we investigate & rectify this issue.

Regards.

Paul.

Update

17:35 - 7th September 2018

Evening everyone,

We have identified an issue when attempting to send a Private Message within the community, Our technical teams are currently investigating this issue as a priority and hope to restore this function as quickly as possible. In the meantime members affected will not be able to Send Private message  & may see an error similar to The private message you were trying to access does not exist. Please click the Back button on your browser." or you may experience an error where you are directed to an error page. Please bare with us whilst we investigate & rectify this issue.

At this time our community team are unable to send Private Messages. If you report a thread via the "report content" button we will action this but you may not receive confirmation of your report. 

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patience whilst we investigate this issue.

Regards.

Paul.

giffgaff Educator | WFH Team

Message 1 of 64
by: woodyuk
on: 07/09/2018 | 18:14

@paul_d_ I was trying to send a PM off and on for about an hour this afternoon and got a bit of a different problem,when I clicked the send button the page would hang for 30 - 60 seconds and go back to my inbox as if the message had been sent but when I checked my sent messages it hadn't been.

At no point did I see any error messages but after about a dozen attempts it did eventualy send.

Message 2 of 64
by: giffgaff20147
on: 07/09/2018 | 18:36

@paul_d_

Thanks for imformation , 

giffgaff is having a bad day 

Message 3 of 64
by: paul_d_
community giff-staffer

on: 07/09/2018 | 18:37

Thanks for adding that @woodyuk . I will pass this along to our chaps here.

We are working very hard to try to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Paul.

Message 4 of 64
by: allan1954
on: 07/09/2018 | 19:04
thanks, @paul_d_ had this problem most of the day.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 64
by: 4128334
on: 09/09/2018 | 07:48
@paul_d
Good Morning,
I was having problems sending P/M's either from my mobile or tablet.
Last night tried from my tablet to reply to a P/M received and it went through no problem.
Used my mobile this morning and messages went through.
So I presume problem is resolved.
Have a Great Day.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 64
by: jokeyboi77
on: 23/09/2018 | 15:59

Any updates on this @paul_d_ because it's been affecting me for a while, albeit intermittent, here's the error message I'm getting.........Screenshot_20180923-155355_Samsung Internet.jpg

Message 7 of 64
by: simone_w
community giff-staffer

on: 23/09/2018 | 17:12
Hi @jokeyboi77

Thanks for letting us know that this is still causing issues. We will get an update as soon as we can.

Simone
Message 8 of 64
by: jokeyboi77
on: 23/09/2018 | 17:15

Cheers @simone_w and it happened in the middle of PMing you and now no matter what I do I can't send you a PM and I keep getting the above error, I'll try again later lol.

Message 9 of 64
by: 4128334
on: 05/10/2018 | 08:03 edited: 05/10/2018 | 08:05

Good Morning Paul 
Still having problems with sending P /M's.
I have been trying to send one to you, but it will not accept your members name.
I can send to a ordinary member OK.
Could you P/M me so I can reply.
Thank You.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 64