Community

Issues / Errors Sending Private Messages - 7th September 2018

Started by: paul_d_
On: 07/09/2018 | 17:46
Replies: 75

by: jokeyboi77
on: 26/10/2018 | 19:52

@natty_noo wrote:

I really hope so, but 3 months without being able to use them @jokeyboi77 ? 😲 That's mad!

You're not kidding @natty_noo, but we had a good laugh with it along the way and it took a lithium update to fix it, check it out for yourself Here.

Message 21 of 76
by: natty_noo
on: 26/10/2018 | 20:08
Wow, @jokeyboi77 , that thread went on for 90 pages! Let's hope it gets fixed before this thread goes the same way 😲😂😂
Message 22 of 76
on: 26/10/2018 | 20:11

@natty_noo wrote:

Wow, @jokeyboi77 , that thread went on for 90 pages! Let's hope it gets fixed before this thread goes the same way 😲😂😂

Oh no don't say that @natty_noo because we'll likely be with Vanilla by then! 😜

Message 23 of 76
on: 26/10/2018 | 20:15
I know @jokeyboi77 , but going by gg's track record in sorting out glitches.... 😂😂😂
Message 24 of 76
on: 26/10/2018 | 20:18

@natty_noo wrote:

I know @jokeyboi77 , but going by gg's track record in sorting out glitches.... 😂😂😂

Oh I know but lithium are worse and that's why I'm excited about our switch to Vanilla @natty_noo, although I do find the platform alot more stable now than the early days, still though no PMs is a right pain isn't it?

Message 25 of 76
on: 26/10/2018 | 20:29
Tbh @jokeyboi77 , i still get jumping pages/cursor when trying to send pm's, the formatting goes out of the window when i press reply. The whole pm goes to the bottom of the page but loses the paragraphs, so trying to reply to a long pm, and especially trying to address all points, is difficult when faced with one big wall of text.

I'm excited about the switch too, i just hope all glitches are found, and fixed, before going live. Unlike when this site changed in November '16, it wasn't ready, and should never have been forced on us. The problems with my pm's, above, all stem from that change, and has never been fixed.
Message 26 of 76
on: 26/10/2018 | 20:44

@natty_noo wrote:

Tbh @jokeyboi77 , i still get jumping pages/cursor when trying to send pm's, the formatting goes out of the window when i press reply. The whole pm goes to the bottom of the page but loses the paragraphs, so trying to reply to a long pm, and especially trying to address all points, is difficult when faced with one big wall of text.

I'm excited about the switch too, i just hope all glitches are found, and fixed, before going live. Unlike when this site changed in November '16, it wasn't ready, and should never have been forced on us. The problems with my pm's, above, all stem from that change, and has never been fixed.

I get the jumpy cursor too @natty_noo and I sometimes end up sending a blank PM because of it lol, yes the switch was a cause of many members grey hairs, although I missed alot of it until January 2017, due to a family issue and wasn't around so I didn't have to face it and to be honest I didn't think it was too bad, and now I do think it's better than the old site and I'm sure Vanilla will be better than Lithium, fingers crossed. 🤞

Message 27 of 76
on: 26/10/2018 | 20:48
Snap @jokeyboi77 , i send blank pm's a the time too 😂 Try to touch the screen - jump - press send instead 😂 Nightmare!

Fingers crossed everything will go smoothly, we can but hope Smiley Wink
Message 28 of 76
on: 26/10/2018 | 20:52

@natty_noo wrote:

Snap @jokeyboi77 , i send blank pm's a the time too 😂 Try to touch the screen - jump - press send instead 😂 Nightmare!

Fingers crossed everything will go smoothly, we can but hope Smiley Wink

Hahaha and I bet we're not the only ones @natty_noo, I've just checked and I still can't send a PM to @h_henna, I'm going to check if I can send any to you, to see if it's just staff or everyone. 

Message 29 of 76
on: 26/10/2018 | 20:55
Go for it @jokeyboi77 , nothing to lose at this point 😂
Message 30 of 76