Knowledge Base
Community

Think you've found an unreported service issue?

Started by: timo_t
On: 27/09/2015 | 10:00
Replies: 3359

by: timo_t
former giff-staffer

on: 27/09/2015 | 10:00

Hey there.

Had a bit of kerfuffle, so we're relaunching/refreshing this thread.

If you think you've found an unreported service issue then check below for instructions on how to let us know about it. If you have a problem with your service but it is an isolated incident then your best bet is to search the community and if you have no luck then start your own thread.

If you're reporting a trending issue:

If you think that there is a trending issue you then need to do these things:

1. Check that there isn't already a thread up about it here in the service forum
  2. Post in this thread links to 5 posts where the problem is reported and explain what the problem is
  3. We will then investigate the issue and report back any findings

Investigating an issue and subsequently putting a service thread up takes a bit of work on our part so it will allow us to get an update more quickly if you provide us with as much information as you can. We need:

• As many links to members reporting the issue as can reasonably be found
  • What exactly the issue is as you understand it including any error messages
  • What was trying to be achieved when it happened
  • An estimation of how many people are affected (e.g. everyone, people porting in today, etc) and how long it has been going on for

also

• Try not to post duplicate links and reports made by other users as it will just take up our time de-duplicating 

Cheers.

Message 6 of 3,360
by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 24/09/2015 | 15:31

Still waiting. We might have more than the 23rd with port in problems. I have seen that they are thinking maybe the 21st and 22nd of September as well. Nothing has been confirmed so far be they are looking into it as we speak.

community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 1 of 3,360
by: figment_uk
on: 24/09/2015 | 15:35

roxy_r wrote:

Still waiting. We might have more than the 23rd with port in problems. I have seen that they are thinking maybe the 21st and 22nd of September as well. Nothing has been confirmed so far be they are looking into it as we speak.

OK thanks.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 2 of 3,360
by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 24/09/2015 | 16:51 edited: 27/03/2016 | 07:13

23rd September 2015 has been confirmed as a port in issue date and a thread will be going up now. We are still looking at dates like 21st and 22nd for port ins but nothing confirmed yet.

Really good job gathering those info, really speed up the process.

community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 3 of 3,360
by: regandeddie
on: 25/09/2015 | 08:10

roxy_r wrote:

Another one here https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/Porting-issue-Unsuccessful-transfer-from-Vodafone/td-...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 3,360
by: figment_uk
on: 25/09/2015 | 09:01

Constant error code 15's this morning when trying to add a reply with three mentions and one link.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 5 of 3,360
by: w69d
on: 27/09/2015 | 10:37
wow is this kerfuffle linked to 58 kudos now missing from my total ? or is it just a coincidence and just removing will23 from being OP
Message 7 of 3,360
by: krishnasuba
on: 27/09/2015 | 11:15
Thank you, that seems like a very good solution. Hopefully I will never need to use it.
Message 8 of 3,360
by: prescilla_g
community giff-staffer

on: 27/09/2015 | 11:16

@w69d Good morning, just a head's up - we are currently working with Lithium finalising a few changes which includes restoring any Kudos that may have disappeared so no need to worry Smiley Happy

We'll update you as soon as we get further information.

Hope you're enjoying this lovely, sunny Sunday morning!

Prescilla

Research and insights lady

Leave a legacy over at giffgaff Labs
Message 9 of 3,360
by: prescilla_g
community giff-staffer

on: 27/09/2015 | 11:20

@dimitriy I'm really sorry to hear this. We would like to take this up with our Operations team directly on your behalf, as soon as possible. I suspect they will know which course of action to take, moreso than the Agents.

Best wishes,

Prescilla

Research and insights lady

Leave a legacy over at giffgaff Labs
Message 10 of 3,360