Get Help
Community

How do I top up using a giffgaff top-up voucher?

Started ‎22-03-2012 by
Modified ‎10-11-2017 by

Topping up your giffgaff balance with a voucher is easy. You can either call 43430 and follow the promts or go online in the Top up section and click the redeem a voucher button after selecting the amount. Read below for a detailed guide on both ways and more.

Let's do it now

Redeem your voucher

More Information

giffgaff vouchers can be bought in most shops providing epay, payzone or paypoint services. Don't know where to find one of these shops near you? Check this article for more details. You can also find them in Post Offices and most supermarkets.

If you can't find a giffgaff voucher at your favourite shop, you can get an O2 voucher, they also work. If you buy a voucher for O2, make sure to follow the steps described in the next sections, and not those printed on the voucher itself.

The voucher can be redeemed from your giffgaff mobile, or online.

From your mobile

Call 43430 for free with your giffgaff phone and follow the voice prompts along the way.

• Press 1 to Top-up your Airtime Credit
  • Press 2 to buy a goodybag using your Airtime Credit, a voucher or a combination of both

redeem a voucher.png

• Enter your voucher's 16 digits code in the field. If the code is rejected see Why has my Top-up failed? to solve it.
  • Click on "Redeem".

Please note that top-up vouchers can take up to 24 hours to be applied to your account balance.

You can also use a voucher to activate your new SIM, but you must redeem the first voucher online - the 43430 top-up number WILL NOT be available until your SIM is activated.

Activate by Voucher.png

Your screen will change to:

Activate Your SIM by Voucher.png

• Enter the 6 digit SIM code
  • Click Continue
  • If prompted, log into your account or create a new one
  • Enter the 16 digit voucher code when prompted
  • Check/amend the other details
  • Click Activate my SIM

If you want to purchase a goodybag you must wait until the SIM has been activated then see Can I buy a goodybag / gigabag with my existing credit?.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure that your mobile data is turned OFF otherwise your credit may be used before you purchase a goodybag.

Once this first top-up has been done online, you'll be able to redeem your next vouchers with your mobile phone.

To buy a goodybag or gigabag, first redeem you voucher into airtime credit as shown above and then see How to buy a goodybag from airtime credit.

From your mobile

You can also buy goodybags using a voucher over the 43430 top-up service. See Using the 43430 Top-up service.

Sometimes trying to redeem a voucher online can have problems. One recurring issue members run into is a 'burnt voucher' where the system thinks the voucher code has been used when in fact it is still valid.

giffgaff agents can solve the 'burnt voucher' error immediately but raising a case can be a bit tricky for newer members so were trying something new.

So, instead of raising a case with the agents and waiting for a reply, we'll bring the agent to you and they'll solve the voucher issue right then and there.

It means that when you get a 'burnt voucher' error a chat box will appear that will connect you to an agent.

It's important to know that there are three conditions that must be met before the chat box pops up:

• The member is in the activation flow/ top up page and trying to top up with a voucher
  • You have received the specific 'burnt voucher' error message
  • An agent is available

Provided the three conditions are met then the chat window will open and you will be able to interact with the agent to have your issue resolved.

If the chat window does not appear you can still contact one of our agents to report the problem.

Mobile version of the 'chat' pop up boxMobile version of the 'chat' pop up box

If you still have troubles using a top-up voucher after reading this article, you can find explanations on the resolution of known issues in Why has my top-up failed?

Ask our community

Don't be shy. Ask one of our lovely members for help.
Our community won't let you down.

Ask a question