Knowledge Base
Community

PAC - How can I get mine to transfer my number?

Started ‎20-03-2012 by
Modified ‎31-07-2018 by

If you are leaving giffgaff and moving to another service provider, you will need to request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) from giffgaff in order to give it to your new provider. Once issued, the PAC is valid for 30 days (after which it expires). Once you transfer your number out you will permanently lose any remaining giffgaff airtime credit, goodybag and payback points you've accumulated.

If you wish to bring an existing UK mobile number to giffgaff, you need to ask your current service provider for a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code). This article explains how to do this.

Let's do it now

Request your PAC

More Information

You can simply use this link to request your PAC.

Alternatively you can use this method.

• Select Help then Keep your Number under SIM and Number.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you will be able to access the PAC request form.

Complete the online form. It is optional to fill in the 'Reasons for leaving' box, but do try to provide as much information as it helps us improve our business and gain understanding.

Once you've requested your PAC it will sent to you along with its expiry date by SMS within minutes. To see your PAC instantly, go to your My giffgaff dashboard and look under your mobile number.

From your handset:

• Dial 43431
  • Follow the instructions

You will receive a voice confirmation of your PAC and its expiry date which will also be sent via a SMS message. This will also be displayed on your My giffgaff page under your mobile number.

If you have any questions about transferring your number - Ofcom has some handy links and tips here.

You'll need to give the PAC to your new network within 30 days and they will advise you of the likely transfer date.

As the transfer day approaches, don't forget to cancel any recurring goodybag settings or automated top-ups and remove your payment-card details from your dashboard.

If you have any airtime credit remaining, consider donating it to a charity that accepts donations by texting a KEYWORD to a five-digit mobile shortcode number.

giffgaff's Payback charities at the moment, voted for by members, are North West Blood Bikes, the MS Society, Children with Cancer UK, Macmillan Cancer Support and Twining Enterprise. You can donate by texting the shortcode below and the amount (£1, £2, £5 etc)  to 70070.

North West Blood Bikes

Donate by texting GGBB51 £1 to 70070

(You can donate more by changing the £ amount - for example, "GGBB51 £10")

MS Society

Donate by texting GGMS51 £1 to 70070

(You can donate more by changing the £ amount - for example, "GGMS51 £10")

Children with Cancer UK

Donate by texting GGCC51 £1 to 70070

(You can donate more by changing the £ amount - for example, "GGCC51 £10")

Macmillan Cancer Support

Donate by texting GGMM51 £1 to 70070

(You can donate more by changing the £ amount - for example, "GGMM51 £10")

If you request your PAC in error don't worry you can now (as of the 27th July 2016) cancel your PAC without having to wait for 30 days for it to expire.

After you have requested your PAC you will then see a banner on your My giffgaff page (shown below):

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 14.40.21.png

Now click or press on the "Cancel your PAC below", you will then be presented with the below screen:

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 14.41.25.png

Now click on "Cancel my PAC"

You will then receive a confirmation as follows:

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 14.44.18.png

You have now cancelled your PAC.

PLEASE NOTE: If you give your PAC Code to another network, our third party is aware of that and will not allow you to cancel your PAC, you will receive an error which means your PAC cannot be cancelled.

Ask our community

Don't be shy. Ask one of our lovely members for help.
Our community won't let you down.

Ask a question