Knowledge Base
Community

PAC - How do I take my number to another network?

Started ‎20-03-2012 by
Modified ‎12-07-2019 by

If you're leaving giffgaff and moving to another network, you'll need to request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) from us in order to give it to your new provider.

Once issued, the PAC code is valid for 30 days (after which it expires). When you take your number from giffgaff you'll permanently lose any remaining giffgaff credit, goodybags and Payback points you've accumulated.

If you wish to bring an existing UK mobile number to giffgaff, you need to ask your current service provider for a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code). This article explains how to do this.

Let's do it now

Request your PAC

More Information

You can request the code from this link.

The PAC code and its expiry date will be sent to you by SMS almost immediately. To see your PAC code, go to your My giffgaff dashboard and look under your mobile number.

Another way to get the code is by using your phone. Just:

• Text 'PAC' to 65075 or
  • Dial 43431 and follow the instructions

You'll receive an SMS with the PAC code and its expiry data plus a voice confirmation of your PAC if you've chosen to call. The information will be also be displayed on your My giffgaff dashboard under your mobile number.

If you've any questions about transferring your number, Ofcom has some handy links and tips here.

You'll need to give the PAC code to your new network within 30 days and they'll let you know the likely transfer date.

As the transfer day approaches, don't forget to cancel any recurring goodybag settings or automated top ups and remove your payment card details from your dashboard.

If you've any credit remaining, consider donating it to a charity that accepts donations by text messages.

If you request your PAC in error don't worry you can cancel it now without having to wait for 30 days for it to expire.

All you need to do is to go on your PAC section in your profile and click on "Cancel my PAC". Easy.

PLEASE NOTE: If you've already given your PAC code to another network, we won't be able to cancel your PAC code on our end.

Ask our community

Don't be shy. Ask one of our lovely members for help.
Our community won't let you down.

Ask a question