Adding a banner to your signature

Started by: jamesd2010
On: 14/12/2010 | 17:55
Replies: 185

by: jamesd2010
on: 14/12/2010 | 17:55 edited: 20/02/2013 | 15:22

Banner Guide.png

Hi all,

This brief little guide will allow you to successfully add a banner to your signature within the forum, enjoy! 

1. Login and head to 'Spread giffgaff' (https://giffgaff.com/spread)

2. Scroll down until you see 'Get your banner':

Get your Banner

3. Click 'Choose your Banner' or just click the image above.

4. Next you'll see the following screen, it's time to choose your banner:

Choose your Banner

5. Scroll down until you've picked the banner you like best. Once you've done so, click the Banner.

6. After clicking the Banner, you should see the following screen:

Code and Banner

7. To select your banner, you'll need to copy the code in the text box - You can do this by highlighting the text, right click on your mouse and pressing 'Copy'.

8.Now you've selected your banner, we need to head to the Community - So press 'Community' next to where you pressed 'Spread giffgaff,' or click this link: http://community.giffgaff.com/

9. Welcome to the Community's Homescreen, on your Right you should see the following:

Community Screen

10. Press the Preferences Icon or click this link: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences

11. Next, you should see the following screen:

Preferences

12. Click the 'Personal Profile box' as highlighted above in Red. Alternatively, click this link: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

13.Next click 'Personal Information' as highlighted in Red below:

Personal Information

14. Next is where you need to paste your code you copied earier. It needs to go in the following box:

Signature Page

15. To paste your code, press either Ctrl and V (On your Keyboard - at the same time) or right click on your mouse and press 'Paste'.

16. That's it! All you need to do now is scroll down to the bottom of the page and press 'Save changes':

And you're finished! If you're still stuck, then feel free to pop a reply in the post and another giffgaff member should be able to get you sorted!

Kind Regards,

James.

Message 1 of 186
by: sloz
on: 14/12/2010 | 17:59
Nice post
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 186
by: fogi
on: 14/12/2010 | 18:05

And it came to me today, that you can also resize your banner, messing with the height and with filed of your code. Not to make too big banners, as it may be disturbing. I made that mistake, and reduced the size.

Have a great day!

Bariel

Thanks to a troll who "reported" my signature now I removed it. Hope everyone is happy, I really tried to do a little fun here, but GG is on the side of the trolls. So much for the "cool and easygoing" image GG desperatly tries to have.
Message 3 of 186
by: beejam2
on: 15/12/2010 | 08:56 edited: 15/12/2010 | 08:59

thanks for that op ,i couldn't figure out how to do the banner thingy , lol

although i dont think i've done it right   :-(

yey i think i have now :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 186
on: 15/12/2010 | 09:05
James how come beejam2,s banner dosnt show up on the mobile view version of this site, yet yours does?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 186
by: coloncancer
on: 15/12/2010 | 09:08
There are two signatures you can include - one for the normal site and one for the mobile version.

Anyone including a banner/image in the mobile sig is being incredibly selfish.
Click HERE to request a free SIM card with £5 free credit upon activation.
Having Problems? Try the Search Engine as your first port-of-call.
Bowel Cancer UK - Raising Awareness.
Message 7 of 186
on: 15/12/2010 | 09:48
Selfish? What do you mean? Your banner/addy shows up on the full and mobile version as well
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 186
by: coloncancer
on: 15/12/2010 | 09:56
I don't have a banner, so I'm not sure how it can show up.

I have two versions of my sig - a three line text sig for the full site and a one line text sig for the mobile site.

Mobile screens are small and mobile internet is slow so anyone adding banners or multiline text sigs in their mobile sig aren't thinking of other people.
Click HERE to request a free SIM card with £5 free credit upon activation.
Having Problems? Try the Search Engine as your first port-of-call.
Bowel Cancer UK - Raising Awareness.
Message 9 of 186
on: 15/12/2010 | 11:06
Well addys, links, banners. Whatever theyre called. Theres so many on here, just think its a bit unfair calling him selfish
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 186