Community

Before you activate your Sim!

Started by: rayhoo
On: 11/11/2011 | 20:59
Replies: 71

by: rayhoo
on: 11/07/2012 | 11:33

@amwigan wrote:
That's for suggesting something other than "try a different browser".

I hadn't inserted the SIM into my phone.

However, I just tried that, and received the texts etc,.

I then tried topping up and got exactly the same error message: "There has been an error submitting your payment"

I think I'm going to knock giffgaff on the head and go with a standard operator.

Sorry that you're getting off to bad start!  You obviously know what you're doing at your end, so all I would suggest is that you register with a voucher for now (if that's possible of course), and immediately ask an Agent to look into the card payment problem so that you can continue as you initially intended.

At least your sim has a signal and is receiving your settings texts, so if you top up during registration process then you should be on your way.

I wish could suggest more!

Message 21 of 72
by: sophiebx
on: 09/01/2013 | 16:21
Thanks alot Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 72
by: coinshooter
on: 12/02/2013 | 19:18
Thanks but can't register , it's iPad not phone, can I top up without it being activated
Message 24 of 72
by: coinshooter
on: 12/02/2013 | 19:30
Thanks for info, but sim will not activate , and no messages or text , although showing O2! It's is iPad mini, does that make a difference. Sorry if these sound basic questions , but surely it should be more straightforward
Message 25 of 72
on: 12/02/2013 | 20:58

@coinshooter wrote:
Thanks but can't register , it's iPad not phone, can I top up without it being activated

Topping up is part of the registration/activation process. Until topped up, the sim won't become live.

Message 26 of 72
on: 12/02/2013 | 21:07 edited: 12/02/2013 | 21:15

@coinshooter wrote:
Thanks for info, but sim will not activate , and no messages or text , although showing O2! It's is iPad mini, does that make a difference. Sorry if these sound basic questions , but surely it should be more straightforward

O2 Logo being displayed is fine.

The sim doesn't even have to be in the device to active.  Once activated and you can see the phone number in my giffgaff.

When you put the sim in the device you can install settings then.  ipad mini

Why do you say you can't activate the sim?  Are you getting any error messages, or is it that you haven't tried topping up yet during the registration process?

Message 27 of 72
by: anthonydinozzofan
on: 14/10/2013 | 18:34 edited: 14/10/2013 | 18:39

I haven't been able to put my new sim into my phone yet as it is on charge and I was wondering if my new sim will still work when I put it in my phone?

it would be helpful to put the "before you active" info on your info that comes with the simcard as it doesn't say anything about the simcard having to be in your phone bore you activate it on the info card that the simcards are stuck to.

Message 28 of 72
by: colinbrown13
on: 28/06/2014 | 12:45
I want 2 change my number but how do I do it
Message 29 of 72
on: 28/06/2014 | 12:55

@colinbrown13 wrote:
I want 2 change my number but how do I do it

Hi,

Question:  Can I change my Mobile Number?

Answer:

• Yes you can, but if it's due to nuisance calls we'd advise you to let us know so we can investigate it further.

• If they are Premium Rate Services, you can stop them by texting "STOP" to the shortcode number of these services. 

• Alternatively, please contact an agent. Select the categories "Your giffgaff SIM & Services" and then "Preventing unwanted calls".  Select "Incoming" and give us details about the calls you are receiving. We will then prevent Premium Services from calling or texting you.

• If you just want to change your number we can do that also, but please don't ask us to change your number every week!  

• To do so, you can use the same form and explain you want to change your phone number in the text box. Please make sure to detail your situation as much as possible, and to state if you want to bar the selected calls after we changed your number.

• Please be advised that once your number is changed you will have to activate it again with another top-up of £10 or more. Don't worry! you don't lose any previous credit this is just to tell the system you're ready to go again.

Message 30 of 72