Knowledge Base
Community

Bosch 509e battery pack rebuild

Started by: sheddi
On: 10/03/2012 | 16:58
Replies: 16

by: mydrawer
on: 04/03/2016 | 16:33

Got the exact same phone upstairs in my drawer, was my first phone!

Message 11 of 17
by: cass905
on: 05/03/2016 | 09:03
Nice guide if I come across a phone like that I will have the knowledge on how to-do it thank you for the share
Message 12 of 17
by: meulie
on: 23/03/2018 | 11:59
Excellent guide, although it would be even better if the images showed Smiley Happy

I just got my hands on a 509E and hope to use your guide to replace the batteries Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 17
by: sheddi
on: 05/12/2018 | 18:22

Hi meulie, I'm back on the forum and glad to see my thread is still coming in useful!

The images work for me; they're hosted on Photobucket, so maybe they were down when you visited.

Did you manage to get your 509E working?

Giffgaff's company motto: Communication is our business, not our strong point.

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
To order a SIM from me (go on, you know you want to), click here: Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 17
by: dtuxcomp
on: 05/12/2018 | 23:44

@sheddi  Nice job my friend Smiley Happy As a fellow bodger I love it, have considered doing this a few times to battery drills and screwdrivers Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  @tuneintestaccount  this'll be right up your street mate.

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 15 of 17
by: tuneintestaccount
on: 05/12/2018 | 23:52
Nice stuff @sheddi Smiley Happy That's just the sort of thing I would do, if the battery pack was to fail. Just replace the battery pack (replacing the individual cells if necessary) and go from there. Smiley Happy

It's very rare for devices that use Ni-MH battery packs to still be in existence - most mobile phones/laptop battery packs etc use Li-Ion now instead. But the basic principle is still there, regarding disassembly and reassembly. (1x Li-Ion cell is the same voltage as 3x Ni-MH cells.)

Edit: I'd not really recommend batteries from China - yes, they're cheap, but I'd want to get that pack checked with a battery analyzer to find the true capacity of those cells. The Chinese sellers often exaggerate their capacity, and you can often get 900mAh (or similar) AAA LSD Ni-MH batteries in a pack from LIDL supermarkets - which, being LSD, means you don't have to worry about constantly topping them up to avoid them draining themselves.

Thanks @dtuxcomp for the shout out Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
by: chand311
on: 07/12/2018 | 01:52

Very old mobile phone... Nicely guided. 

Message 17 of 17