Knowledge Base
Community

Cheap Gas and Electricity bills.

Started by: alanscarr
On: 10/12/2018 | 13:31
Replies: 40

by: alanscarr
on: 28/12/2018 | 09:18
Its all about supply and demand with factors of renewable energy taken into account, fossil fuels used etc. bit like your corner shop versus your supermarket.
Message 21 of 41
by: kicker
on: 29/12/2018 | 00:36

Thanks for the tip @alanscarr. Will look into this when I have some time. 

Get a free giffgaff SimEconomy is the wealth of the poor and the wisdom of the rich.
Message 22 of 41
by: pinkunykorn
on: 03/01/2019 | 19:17
Thnx for that.👍
Message 23 of 41
by: sheppola
on: 04/01/2019 | 11:06

@pinkunykorn

@pinkunykorn wrote:

Thnx for that.👍

I previously posted that I've been with,"1st Utility" for a couple of years now and found them very good.I couldn't post the link before as the forum was having some problems but here's the link to have a look at,

https://www.first-utility.com

I like that they have a very simple and easy to use Website to know exactly where you are with your bills etc and when I have had to call them I've got through very quick and my requests have been dealt with excellently Smiley Happy

HTH Smiley Happy

If this post helped please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 24 of 41
by: mr09
on: 04/01/2019 | 13:48
Great info. Thank you sharing great information. 😃👍👍
Message 25 of 41
by: kmichael
on: 05/01/2019 | 00:23

Last year we joined Bulb Energy, which came out cheaper than the energy club that our Council is running.

Electricity is 100% from reneable soucrces and they run a forum like at giffgaff. They are also a warm house discount supplier now.

You can get £50 credit if you join through a current member and you can also refer new customers to them and receive £50.  Bulb Energy also pays any exit fees, if applicable, from switching from your current provider.

If anyone's interested for a link or have any questions, just drop me a PM.

Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit
Message 26 of 41
by: solvbb
on: 06/01/2019 | 00:47

I use the Martin Money Saving Expert Energy Club to review the best options for me. You can also set it up to tell you when another offer will give you a saving of whatever amount you want.

I have recently used Ebico, Bulb, nPower and Bristol Energy

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

They can help with cashback for changing too.

Message 27 of 41
by: goonerx2
on: 11/01/2019 | 10:32
I signed up for the company called Look after my bills as featured on Dragons Den. Very satisfied it will save so much time come September as they will select the cheapest option.
Message 28 of 41
Highlighted
by: endorphin
on: 11/01/2019 | 10:41

@goonerx2 wrote:

I signed up for the company called Look after my bills as featured on Dragons Den. Very satisfied it will save so much time come September as they will select the cheapest option.

Watch out with them - they'll only transfer you if they can also make money from the commission they'll earn. Some smaller companies might offer cheaper deals for you but less commission for them. Smiley Surprised

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 29 of 41
by: solvbb
on: 13/01/2019 | 11:13
MSE are impartial on the price comparisons and using their trigger you can switch at any time you want with visibility on any early termination charges at all times, you aren't fixed to the the expiry of your current contract.
Message 30 of 41