Community

Cheeky but legal way of unlocking iphone 4

Started by: samirah123
On: 23/02/2011 | 15:17
Replies: 27

by: samirah123
on: 23/02/2011 | 15:17 edited: 04/03/2011 | 20:53

Hi,

Well recently, 2 of my family members bought iphone 4's from someone and the networks barred them after a few weeks.

A few week back, my brother rang vodafone (the network the iphone was originally locked to), he acted as if he didnt have a clue and told them that there was no signal showing on his phone and that he's been using for a little while too. He asked them kindly to remove the bar and they did. He then asked them if they could unlock it to all networks, meanwhile he acted all friendly, talked random with the person and they said that they would charge £20 and get it done through apple. So they took his imei number and did it for free.

Last week, he did the same for my sister but called orange as it was originally with orange. They said that he needed a simcard which was on orange for over 3 month so he found his old simcard and told them he used that one in the iphone 4. They then removed the bar and he asked them to unlock it to all networks so they told him to top up and they would deduce £20.24 from his balance. They said it should be done in the next few days.

I know its a very cheeky way to do it but still it legal, better than jail-breaking.

Kind Regards

Samirah Zaid (Giffgaff Associate)
If you find my post helpful, would be nice if you could click on the star below my name to show appreciationSmiley TongueSmiley Wink

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 28
Highlighted
by: xmob
on: 23/02/2011 | 16:39

Huh?

What's the point in having a network bar if the networks are just going to lift it on a whim?

I'd like to think that if I had my phone stolen that NOBODY could use it ever again once reported.

Message 2 of 28
on: 23/02/2011 | 16:45

Lol i know thats what we thought.

We only bought them because my brother wanted to use it on voda and sister wanted to use it on orange, but when it got barred, we had it removed for free.

If you find my post helpful, would be nice if you could click on the star below my name to show appreciationSmiley TongueSmiley Wink

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 28
on: 24/02/2011 | 11:21
lol i'm sure its not a crime if your family members are all on different networks! My brothers phone got barred a few weeks back, he didn't steal it of anyone, he paid for it but in the end it got barred. If he knew it was gonna get barred he wouldn't have got it. Both phones were of different people anyways and they said they bought it of someone but clearly they got barred

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 28
on: 24/02/2011 | 11:26
my brother was meant to be payin for it but they said they'd do it for free when the time came. My sister paid for hers. Its not his fault they did it for free so i dunno where you got the scam from lol

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 28
by: rudedog
on: 24/02/2011 | 11:32

So they actually managed to UNBLOCK iPhones that were IMEI blocked? Thats kinda irresponsible of Vodafone and Orange. Wow is all I can say! Smiley Surprised

Reach for the stars if anyone has helped you Smiley Wink Also Accept the best Solution Smiley Happy
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Make your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com!
Message 6 of 28
on: 24/02/2011 | 11:35
well yer we were suprised too! We thought our money went to waste but in the end it turned out to be good.Smiley Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 28
by: wills21
on: 24/02/2011 | 12:18
I must have just been locked to one network eg orange / vodaphone, an you have just rang to request an unlock. nothing new to me except the charge of £20 odd, seems resonable. I think people get confused with barred and the simple unlock then all networks offer.
Good post.
Please leave me kudos (Click star) if my response was helpfulGet a free Giffgaff Sim
For a free iPhone MICRO Sim with £5 credit when you topup, go here MICROGAFF.
If you find the solution to your post do let the community know by using the "accept solution" button.
Message 8 of 28
on: 24/02/2011 | 15:09
he was using it on vodafone for a few weeks then one morning there was no signal at all. When he called them they said it had got barred.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 28
by: carlos292
on: 24/02/2011 | 17:54

by the sounds of it they werent blocked but network restricted but if i paid for something and owened unless i told them too the networrk would have no right for you to bar or block a phone unless you owed them money or reprted it lost or stolen i neve come across this before ever

Message 10 of 28