Knowledge Base
Community

Disable Balance Popups (Windows Mobile)

Started by: shaunl
On: 30/06/2010 | 17:05
Replies: 8

by: shaunl
on: 30/06/2010 | 17:05

For anyone who hates balance notification popups after sending every SMS, there is a way to disable this on Windows Mobile phones (should work for all versions 6+).

Be aware though that this method will disable ALL USSD notifications, meaning requests like *100# to show your balance won't work either.

Anyway, if you can live with ALL USSD notifications disabled then using a registry editor, navigate to

HKLM \ ControlPanel \ Phone

and add the value

SuppressUSSD : type DWORD with a value of 1

Next, navigate to

HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Inbox \ Settings

and add the value

SMSNoSentMsg : type DWORD with a value of 1

(If either value already exists, use the registry editor to set the values as shown above.)

Be careful if you've never used a registry editor before - it's possible to cause problems with your device if you accidentally change other registry settings!

Hopefully GG will disable these notifications at their end in the near future!

Oh and if anyone discovers a way to disable popups more selectively, please let us know. Smiley Happy

Shaun.

Message 1 of 9
by: hg
on: 02/07/2010 | 20:36

@shaunl wrote:

<<<<    ....    snip    ....    >>>>

Hopefully they won't, thanks very much !  Smiley Surprised

If you look in the Great giffgaff Ideas section, you will see numerous references to those notifiers, and giffgaff's intention to make them switchable as a user option in the near future:  a user option, not "disabled".

Regards

hg

Message 2 of 9
by: danielclo1il
on: 02/07/2010 | 20:52

@hg wrote:

@shaunl wrote:

<<<<    ....    snip    ....    >>>>

If you look in the Great giffgaff Ideas section, you will see numerous references to those notifiers, and giffgaff's intention to make them switchable as a user option in the near future:  a user option, not "disabled".

Regards

hg

yeah, there making the option to disable them on a user to user basis, personally, they annoy the bum off me !

Thanks
Dann

Message 3 of 9
by: shaunl
on: 03/07/2010 | 20:20

@hg wrote:

If you look in the Great giffgaff Ideas section, you will see numerous references to those notifiers, and giffgaff's intention to make them switchable as a user option in the near future...

Well, I'm sure you'll be a very happy bunny when they do.

Message 4 of 9
by: bladesman1889
on: 04/07/2010 | 21:49
each to their own i guess ! personally i like them - at the moment - but i'm new & who's to say in 6weeks, months ect i may hate them :-»
Samsung Galaxy S
DarkyROM JVT Beta 2.3.5
Message 5 of 9
on: 05/07/2010 | 03:22

@bladesman1889 wrote:
each to their own i guess ! personally i like them - at the moment - but i'm new & who's to say in 6weeks, months ect i may hate them :-»

they really do annoy me, on iPhone 4, there a bit delayed, by 5-10 seconds or so, and you think you get a text back that quick

Thanks
Dann

Message 6 of 9
on: 05/07/2010 | 03:22

oh and if you lock the iPhone with one of them up, it crashes the springboard :/

Thanks
Dann

Message 7 of 9
by: magical_panda
on: 05/07/2010 | 03:25

@danielclo1il wrote:

@bladesman1889 wrote:

they really do annoy me, on iPhone 4, there a bit delayed, by 5-10 seconds or so, and you think you get a text back that quick

I had the delays on my N96 too.. Now I dont get any popups Smiley Happy Unless it was a free text or call.
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
on: 05/07/2010 | 05:04

@magical_panda wrote:

@danielclo1il wrote:

@bladesman1889 wrote:

I had the delays on my N96 too.. Now I dont get any popups Smiley Happy Unless it was a free text or call.

even though im a VIG, my calls dont cost me, i still get them, but goodybaggers dont Smiley Sad

Thanks
Dann

Message 9 of 9