Knowledge Base
Community

Disable Balance Popups (Windows Mobile)

Started by: shaunl
On: 30/06/2010 | 17:05
Replies: 8
Reply

by: shaunl
on: 30/06/2010 | 17:05

For anyone who hates balance notification popups after sending every SMS, there is a way to disable this on Windows Mobile phones (should work for all versions 6+).

 

Be aware though that this method will disable ALL USSD notifications, meaning requests like *100# to show your balance won't work either.

 

Anyway, if you can live with ALL USSD notifications disabled then using a registry editor, navigate to

 

  HKLM \ ControlPanel \ Phone

 

and add the value

 

   SuppressUSSD : type DWORD with a value of 1

 

Next, navigate to

 

   HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Inbox \ Settings

 

and add the value

 

   SMSNoSentMsg : type DWORD with a value of 1

 

(If either value already exists, use the registry editor to set the values as shown above.)

 

Be careful if you've never used a registry editor before - it's possible to cause problems with your device if you accidentally change other registry settings!

 

Hopefully GG will disable these notifications at their end in the near future!

 

Oh and if anyone discovers a way to disable popups more selectively, please let us know. Smiley Happy

 

Shaun.

 

Message 1 of 9
by: hg
on: 02/07/2010 | 20:36

 


@shaunl wrote:

 

    <<<<    ....    snip    ....    >>>>

 

Hopefully GG will disable these notifications at their end in the near future!

 


 

Hopefully they won't, thanks very much !  Smiley Surprised


If you look in the Great giffgaff Ideas section, you will see numerous references to those notifiers, and giffgaff's intention to make them switchable as a user option in the near future:  a user option, not "disabled".


Regards

 

hg

 

Message 2 of 9
by: danielclo1il
on: 02/07/2010 | 20:52

 


@hg wrote:

 


@shaunl wrote:

 

    <<<<    ....    snip    ....    >>>>

 

Hopefully GG will disable these notifications at their end in the near future!

 


 

Hopefully they won't, thanks very much !  Smiley Surprised


If you look in the Great giffgaff Ideas section, you will see numerous references to those notifiers, and giffgaff's intention to make them switchable as a user option in the near future:  a user option, not "disabled".


Regards

 

hg

 


yeah, there making the option to disable them on a user to user basis, personally, they annoy the bum off me !

 

Thanks
Dann




Message 3 of 9
by: shaunl
on: 03/07/2010 | 20:20

@hg wrote:

 

Hopefully they won't, thanks very much !  Smiley Surprised


If you look in the Great giffgaff Ideas section, you will see numerous references to those notifiers, and giffgaff's intention to make them switchable as a user option in the near future...

 


Well, I'm sure you'll be a very happy bunny when they do.

Message 4 of 9
by: bladesman1889
on: 04/07/2010 | 21:49
each to their own i guess ! personally i like them - at the moment - but i'm new & who's to say in 6weeks, months ect i may hate them :-»
Samsung Galaxy S
DarkyROM JVT Beta 2.3.5
Message 5 of 9
by: danielclo1il
on: 05/07/2010 | 03:22

 


@bladesman1889 wrote:
each to their own i guess ! personally i like them - at the moment - but i'm new & who's to say in 6weeks, months ect i may hate them :-»

they really do annoy me, on iPhone 4, there a bit delayed, by 5-10 seconds or so, and you think you get a text back that quick

 

Thanks
Dann




Message 6 of 9
by: danielclo1il
on: 05/07/2010 | 03:22

oh and if you lock the iPhone with one of them up, it crashes the springboard :/

Thanks
Dann




Message 7 of 9
by: magical_panda
on: 05/07/2010 | 03:25

@danielclo1il wrote:

 


@bladesman1889 wrote:
each to their own i guess ! personally i like them - at the moment - but i'm new & who's to say in 6weeks, months ect i may hate them :-»

they really do annoy me, on iPhone 4, there a bit delayed, by 5-10 seconds or so, and you think you get a text back that quick

 


I had the delays on my N96 too.. Now I dont get any popups Smiley Happy Unless it was a free text or call.
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
by: danielclo1il
on: 05/07/2010 | 05:04

 


@magical_panda wrote:

@danielclo1il wrote:

 


@bladesman1889 wrote:
each to their own i guess ! personally i like them - at the moment - but i'm new & who's to say in 6weeks, months ect i may hate them :-»

they really do annoy me, on iPhone 4, there a bit delayed, by 5-10 seconds or so, and you think you get a text back that quick

 


I had the delays on my N96 too.. Now I dont get any popups Smiley Happy Unless it was a free text or call.

even though im a VIG, my calls dont cost me, i still get them, but goodybaggers dont Smiley Sad

 

Thanks
Dann




Message 9 of 9