Knowledge Base
Community

Downloading photos to laptop

Started by: earth93
On: 02/08/2019 | 17:32
Replies: 5

by: earth93
on: 02/08/2019 | 17:32

Any ideas on how to successfully download photos from a Sumsung J2 core to my laptop. Plugged in cable but nothing happening, I am pretty clueless and a beginner!

Message 1 of 6
by: benfman
on: 02/08/2019 | 17:57
@earth93 Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable. ...
Launch File/Windows Explorer. ...
Using Windows/File Explorer, navigate: SAMSUNG-SM-J727V > Phone > Pictures.
Utilize the computer to copy video or picture files into the appropriate directory:
Message 3 of 6
by: charlixsparkles
on: 02/08/2019 | 21:25
Can you connect the two via Bluetooth?
Message 4 of 6
by: kenco02
on: 02/08/2019 | 22:07
when you plug your phone in make sure its in locked, then a white box should appear with somthing like
allow this device to conect to your comptor or allow mts transfer...

press yes on your phone. this alows your pc to see the files on your phone... it might take a little while to install drivers.
in your pc file manager.. click on samsung j2 ..and look for a file called DCIM.. your files are there
Message 5 of 6
by: sheppola
on: 07/08/2019 | 18:56 edited: 07/08/2019 | 18:57

@earth93 

@earth93wrote:

Any ideas on how to successfully download photos from a Sumsung J2 core to my laptop. Plugged in cable but nothing happening, I am pretty clueless and a beginner!

You need the Samsung USB drivers installed,

https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows

Then when the phone is detected  use this option,

Tz3xtL4

Note:If you have formatted an External SD card as Internal/Adoptive memory you cannot save files to a System drive on a PC but you can save them inside a Folder on a System drive or a non-system 2nd drive/partition.

HTH Smiley Happy

If forum posts help please click the Kudos Button and or,"Best Answer"
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
Message 6 of 6