Knowledge Base
Community

Dtuxcomp's Tips.

Started by: dtuxcomp
On: 07/12/2018 | 19:20
Replies: 12

by: dtuxcomp
on: 07/12/2018 | 19:20 edited: 28/02/2019 | 20:07

I kept losing track of the tips threads I've created so I've "borrowed" @toxiic's brilliant idea of having an archive from here, give it a read through he's created an amazing array of useful tips. BTW I did ask before taking Smiley Wink but if you are going to stand on the shoulders of a giant, you might as well pick the tallest one Smiley Happy

Here's a list of my tips threads, it's a work in progress as I remember where I put them so forgive it looking a bit rough & ready Smiley Wink

Computers.

1.  VIDIR - Edit filenames in a text editor.
  2.  FATSORT - Fix random track order on mp3 players.

D.I.Y.

Miscellaneous.

Dtuxcomp's Tips.

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 1 of 13
by: team_leader
on: 17/12/2018 | 22:47

Thanks for the tips @dtuxcomp

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 13
on: 17/12/2018 | 23:25

@team_leader wrote:

Thanks for the tips @dtuxcomp

@team_leader  Thank you. I thought I'd done more but couldn't find them when I was creating this page. It dawned on me later that I was probably thinking of some I'd put in the old money section Smiley Happy I'm sure I'll come up with more when I get round to it Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 3 of 13
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 22/12/2018 | 16:14
@dtuxcomp

Thanks for those great tips👏and very handy

Yvonne
Message 4 of 13
on: 22/12/2018 | 17:06

@yvonnearmstrong   Thank you, it saves me having to go looking for them too Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
by: frenchielove
on: 22/12/2018 | 19:05

Great stuff @dtuxcomp thanks 🤗

Message 6 of 13
by: toxiic
on: 22/02/2019 | 11:42

This archive is looking good @dtuxcomp!

Glad to see you're keeping up with updating it, I seem to have got into the habit of adding to it every time I post a thread.

Message 7 of 13
on: 22/02/2019 | 12:04

@toxiic wrote:

This archive is looking good @dtuxcomp!

Glad to see you're keeping up with updating it, I seem to have got into the habit of adding to it every time I post a thread.

@toxiic  Thanks mate, I've got a few more on the list to get round to eventually but I keep getting side tracked Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
by: toxiic
on: 22/02/2019 | 12:13

Nice @dtuxcomp. I've still got a list of around 30 topics to make threads on so I have quite a lot of thread ideas just not a lot of time to get through them.

I do want to try to get them all done in time for the new platform so I can make fresh, new content that would hopefully be more coherent and easier to create (and therefore read) when GG staff have more time to create more tools for content creators or if new tools are implemented in the new platform to start off with.

Message 9 of 13
by: cazaline71
on: 22/02/2019 | 14:49

Love all your tips! @dtuxcomp 

As someone who hosts their own website from their own servers, its really interesting! If you don't mind me asking, do you have any qualifications in IT? Smiley Happy

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Message 10 of 13