Community

HOW TO CHECK IF YOUR BLACKBERRY SERVICES ARE ON OR NOT *EASY QUICK GUIDE*

Started by: ikhaan
On: 19/02/2012 | 17:53
Replies: 33

by: ikhaan
on: 19/02/2012 | 17:53 edited: 19/02/2012 | 18:00

Hi Blackberry users,

Just bought a blackberry addon and want to quickly check if your bb services have kicked in?? READ ON..

I have been trying for days to check if my blackberry services were up or not, I came across this menu on blackberry which takes hardly a minute to see if your bb services have started once you buy the bb add on rather than trying to pull battery which takes ages for bb to power on.

BOLD 9780 - Go to options/Network and connections/Mobile networks, press the BB logo, choose Diagnostics test, press BB logo again and press RUN... Connected to blackberry: YES, Blackberry PIN-PIN: YES

Curve 8900 - Go to options/Mobile network, press the BB logo, choose Diagnostics test, press BB logo again and press RUN... Connected to blackberry: YES, Blackberry PIN-PIN: YES

If you get YES in front of Connected to blackberry: YES, Blackberry PIN-PIN: YES, then your blackberry services are enabled.

If you get NO in front of Connected to blackberry: NO, Blackberry PIN-PIN: NO, then your blackberry services arent enabled.

Other blackberry handsets will have similar Diagnostics tool.

THANKS

Message 1 of 34
by: pinkcalculator
on: 19/02/2012 | 17:54
I don't know anything much about the bb stuff but if what you say is correct ( and I have no reason to think otherwise ) then this sounds a great help
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 34
Highlighted
by: bradders989
on: 19/02/2012 | 17:56
Same me to idont no how to check the bb stuff hmm. I wana find out that information too maybe a agent will help us but I'm gona wait for a better reply from the community first Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 34
on: 19/02/2012 | 17:57

@pinkcalculator wrote:
I don't know anything much about the bb stuff but if what you say is correct ( and I have no reason to think otherwise ) then this sounds a great help

I have gone through 3 blackberry handsets to check one giffgaff sim which didnt get bb services and that has taught me a lot, the problem was at the GG end which will be sorted out next month but in the mean while i have activated new sim and bb add on works great. So i can assure this thing works!!

Message 4 of 34
by: hitmanmo
on: 19/02/2012 | 17:59
It should kick in straight away
If I've been of help please click the STAR on the left
if your query is resolved please click "Accept as solution" on the right
Message 5 of 34
by: eddnoon
on: 19/02/2012 | 17:59
You can't ask for kudos mate, that's against the rules. So edit that out

However, if this all does work then good post. I'm sure you'll assist some bb users Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 34
on: 19/02/2012 | 18:01

@eddnoon wrote:
You can't ask for kudos mate, that's against the rules. So edit that out

However, if this all does work then good post. I'm sure you'll assist some bb users Smiley Happy

Edited!!

Message 7 of 34
on: 19/02/2012 | 18:02

@hitmanmo wrote:
It should kick in straight away

Not always!!! i have had friends waiting upto 72 hrs before it kicked in.

Message 8 of 34
by: marybethkhan
on: 20/02/2012 | 20:39

Definitely worked for me!!!!!  thanksssss

Message 9 of 34
by: kimf
on: 21/02/2012 | 11:36

I have got the new sim but dont no what to do now

Message 10 of 34