Community

How to: See everything Amazon knows about you | Toxiic's Tips

Started by: toxiic
On: 12/11/2018 | 20:06
Replies: 7

by: toxiic
on: 12/11/2018 | 20:06 edited: 12/11/2018 | 20:07

Hello,

This is just a quick guide on how to find out what information Amazon holds on you. I’ve also made a Google version of finding the same type of data, too, which you can find here ***thread in development ***.

TEXT GUIDE

• Visit https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html .
  • Sign in with the Amazon account you want to find the data on.
  • Select “Digital Content and Services”.
  • Choose “Request Your Data”.
  • Click either “View available data now” [option 1] (which will give you the most basic data that’s possible for you to find yourself) OR “Request data file to be sent at a later date” [option 2] (which is more in-depth that you might not know about).
  • If you chose either options, select the relevant service (Amazon Drive, Apps and More etc). Note that if you chose the second option, you can also choose “Request all categories of data”.
  • If you chose option 1, you’ll be given the links to find the data on the service you chose. Alternatively, with option 2, the data is sent to you via email (after a while).

PICTURE GUIDE (gif)

Ggif.gif

PICTURE GUIDE (photos, read captions)

g1.png#1g2.png#2g3.png#3g4choice1.pngCHOICE 1g4 choice 2.pngCHOICE 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________

image.pngMore info on the gaff: The Gaff is a weekly newsletter releasing every friday with topics like tips, giffgaff announcements, lab highlights, blog highlights, tech news, new member introductions, photo of the week and more! To view the latest edition, simply click the relevant link below.

Message 1 of 8
by: isabel1066
on: 13/11/2018 | 09:34
@toxiic thank you for this info.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 8
by: claire1uk
on: 19/11/2018 | 14:43

Thank you for a very informative thread @toxiic.

Knowledge is power in the cyber security world. 

Message 7 of 8
by: toxiic
on: 19/11/2018 | 15:56

Thanks. Glad it helped.

Check out my other content using the link in my signature if you wish.

I plan to make a Google version of this at some point, perhaps in the Gaff.

@claire1uk

Message 8 of 8