Community

How to mark question as solved / accepted solution

Started by: clairekav
On: 25/11/2009 | 18:38
Replies: 35

by: clairekav
former giff-staffer

on: 25/11/2009 | 18:38 edited: 23/07/2012 | 08:49

Accepted solution indicates best answer and problem solved.

What is accepted solutions:

Accepted is the solution the person who posed the question marks as the right /best answer.

Why mark an answers with ‘accepted solution’/solved:

When someone gives you the right answer, mark the post as ‘accepted solution’ which helps the next that comes along find the best response quickly. Also it tells other members that you've moved on - and no longer need their help Smiley Happy

Also it gives your helper extra giffgaff points - share the love.

How to mark and answer as solved:

Head to the post that you feel answers your question the best (it might be the only one – but that’s OK).

On the top right side of the post you’ll see a drop down menu ‘Options’ with an arrow > click on the arrow > select ‘Accept as solution’.

You’ll then see your question will have a little green solved tick, and a blue bar with a link for ‘Go to Solution’

On the selected post you’ll see a green tick next to the title which indicates that this is the best post - like this one.

Accepted_Solution.png

Note: If someone has answered your question in 'Ask the community', please mark it as 'accepted solution’, then we know you're sorted
Message 1 of 36
by: theyseemetrolling
on: 17/04/2011 | 11:29
I see also do not do this for a post you made yourself this is not allowed the gifgagf educter hazel will email you anf make you do it again
Message 2 of 36
by: dee64ni
on: 26/07/2011 | 10:29

I tried doing this yesterday, but when I click on the options tab I don't get the same menu.  Is this anything to do with firefox?  It's a completely different menu, in fact I was feeling rather stupid yesterday when I was trying to mark something as solved and couldn't. 

Help! 

If I knew how to add a screen shot here I would, but I don't so you'll just have to imagine Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 36
by: ssteele
on: 30/08/2011 | 23:43

This is out of date as you get a tab to use on the posts next to the repy tab on the bottom left corner of the post.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 36
by: noelist
on: 30/10/2011 | 12:21
sorry but like previous post from 'dee64nl' there is no "mark as solution" option in the list , and there is no tab to use next to the reply tab and they are on the right hand side of the bottom of the post, so maybe it is a firefox thing, cheers.
Message 6 of 36
by: noelist
on: 30/10/2011 | 13:04
Ah , just noticed that the option to "mark as solution" is only available to the original poster, so although I had the same question, its not possible to mark it as a solution to a question someone else posted, I guess you can just click on the yellow star to say thanks. cheers.
Message 7 of 36
by: jackiechanman
on: 30/10/2011 | 15:18

@dee64ni wrote:

I tried doing this yesterday, but when I click on the options tab I don't get the same menu.  Is this anything to do with firefox?  It's a completely different menu, in fact I was feeling rather stupid yesterday when I was trying to mark something as solved and couldn't. 

Help! 

If I knew how to add a screen shot here I would, but I don't so you'll just have to imagine Smiley Happy

The OP (claire) is a moderator/works for giffgaff, so has more options availible to her on the forums, this might be why you have a different menu? Normal users have buttons like you will see below this, and all other, message/s, but claire will have both.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 36
by: ipom
on: 19/03/2012 | 19:11 edited: 19/03/2012 | 21:29

Won’t allow me to make calls, texts and internet.

I received my new GiffGaff SIM card and I have activated it (£10) online and added a £5 on 15/03/12 I can’t receive  calls and texts. And i cant ring anybody and text.  It doesn't even ring when i try. It says NO ACTIVE Can anyone help me?
I also have Goodybag so i do have calling credit 250 mins unlimited text and internet but in my account not simcard. giffgaff no is

Message 9 of 36
by: jackiechanman
on: 19/03/2012 | 19:53 edited: 19/03/2012 | 19:55
@ipom, Please remove your number from that post!! Smiley Tongue there was an outage on friday, which has been resolved, but if you are still having problems, it would be worth contacting an agent ( since they deal with account related issues). This is also not the best place to post about this sort of thing, head to giffgaff.com/community and click on the help section to create a new thread, or better yet, search for similar issues on the forum Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 36