Knowledge Base
Community

How to save money on Amazon during Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Prime Day/General Sales | Toxiic's Tips

Started by: toxiic
On: 22/11/2018 | 15:20
Replies: 11

by: toxiic
on: 22/11/2018 | 15:20 edited: 25/11/2018 | 11:03

As you probably know, Black Friday/Cyber Monday is approaching at great speed – especially with the majority of companies starting their discounts early. So, you may be wondering how you can find the best deals when Black Friday and Cyber Monday strikes, which is what I’ll be listing in this post. I’ve chosen Amazon due to the sheer popularity of it, though some of the methods/tips listed can be mirrored onto different companies participating in the Black Friday discounts.

I’ve also included some of the tips from this thread I made a while ago for your convenience, so you should get a wide array of deal finding methods overall. So, let’s get into it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

forklift.net

Forklift is quite an underrated deal finding website that focuses on Amazon Warehouse Deals (Amazon Warehouse being the returned items people previously bought at full price at deep discounts due to the used quality of the products sold). Simply visiting the website brings up a page that you can quite easily keep checking whilst you’re doing something else, listing the price of discounted items, what their price was last when they were discounted and the normal price for a brand new version of the same item. This one is definitely worth a look at as Amazon are likely to set a 20% discount on their Amazon Warehouse Deals products (which they’ve done in the past), discounting good deals to even better ones. Be warned, the best deals that appear on Forklift go quickly! In a matter of minutes a product can be sold out.

giffgaff's own deal board

In some cases, you don’t actually need to visit other websites – the deals are actually on the same website you’re reading this on. A simple, quick check of the Hot Deals & Tips board might just help you find what you’re looking for. And, if you’re feeling nice, why not post some deals that you’ve found on the board? Just remember to read the instructions first.

Check CamelCamelCamel

CamelCamelCamel is a website that records the prices of products on Amazon at different times. All you do is jump onto the website, type in the product you’re looking at (or Copy and Paste!), then Hit Search and click on the item you were looking. This will then bring up a host of different graphs of the price, so you can see exactly when the price of the product decreased and by how much.

Also, a fantastic feature you can take advantage of is the notifications. Here, you just set the price you want to buy the product for and a form of contact (I use my Twitter username, so when a product drops to the price I want, CamelCamelCamel send me an automated tweet/email that I can see – saying the prices has dropped to what I programmed it to). This is a great little website for seeing whether the price you’re looking at on Amazon is the best price/whether you should wait it out for a better deal to appear.

Checking Other Sellers.

This is a feature on Amazon missed by many. At face value, it may seem that the product details (like when it would be delivered) are what you’re definitely going to get the product for. Well, there are sometimes other sellers selling the same product, it’s just Amazon defaults to what it thinks is the best option for you based on a number of factors. Anyway, with these other sellers: it’s possible to get the item quicker or from a more reputable seller than the one Amazon picks for you. It’s always worth a look at other sellers, just in case you find the same product but with, say, quicker delivery.

Amazon Warehouse

Amazon Warehouse just is what people have returned to Amazon and Amazon are now selling at a reduced cost (as it’s technically pre-owned). These reduced costs can actually be very good alternatives if you don’t want the brand new version of the product. For instance, I bought an Amazon Warehouse laptop for £150 whereas the price for a new version is £250. – despite it being pre owned, I saw absolutely no damage to the laptop (not even scratches!) anywhere on the case or screen. And it’s still going strong today.

It’s important to note there are different conditions to pick from sometimes when buying an Amazon Warehouse product, though the listing will say the damage caused to that bulk of products (and not the exact product you’ll get – hence even though the laptop said it has scratches on its casing – there’s none at all!). Also, you only get a 1 year Amazon Warranty with Amazon Warehouse deals, as opposed to the 2 year with new products.

Bonus tip from @inspiron42: "Another technique is to put items in your wish list. Companies like Amazon and Google will notify you via their app if there is an offer. "

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

image.png

Message 1 of 12
by: isabel1066
on: 22/11/2018 | 16:10
@toxiic thank you for this tip.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 12
by: jsmith2009
on: 22/11/2018 | 17:13

Hi

Thanks for the tips. Some good advice on ensuring that you get the best deal.

Cheers

Message 3 of 12
by: roise05
on: 22/11/2018 | 17:51

tenor (1).gif

Thank you for great information. 👍👍😀

Message 5 of 12
by: inspiron42
on: 23/11/2018 | 08:22
Another technique is to put items in your wish list. Companies like Amazon and Google will notify you via their app if there is an offer.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 12
by: moominpappa
on: 23/11/2018 | 20:45

Thanks for these tips @toxiic - I've never heard of forklift.net so I'll be trying that website out!

Click on my banner to get £5 free credit & free calls & texts to giffgaff numbers
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 12
by: sarahbanahnah
on: 24/11/2018 | 08:31
THANKS!!! I love these posts!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click the banner above for a free giffgaff SIM with free airtime credit of £5.
If you can't see it, then click the link below:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/sarahbanahnah
Message 9 of 12
by: leigh2180
on: 24/11/2018 | 18:01
excellent summary @toxiic. Thanx!
Message 10 of 12