Get Help
Community

How to transfer Photos using Wi-Fi (no cable needed) Guide | Toxiic's Tips

Started by: toxiic
On: 23/02/2018 | 21:38
Replies: 5

by: toxiic
on: 23/02/2018 | 21:38

Transferring pictures from your phone to your PC can be a bit of a burden. If you don’t use a cloud service like OneDrive or of the sort, you’re forced to use a cable to transfer the media.

Well, Microsoft have tried to come to our aid with their relatively new service. The app is rather subtly named Photo Companion. Here’s a quick rundown of the requirements and methods of taking advantage of this…

Requirements

• Windows 10 PC and phone that are on the same Wi-Fi connection.
  • Photos Companion app (Available on Google Play and the App Store).

Method

1. On your phone, open the Photos Companion app.
  2. On your phone, press ‘Send Photos’.
  3. On the PC, type ‘Photos into the Search Bar, then click on the option.
  4. On the PC, in the Photos app, click the 3 dots in the top right-hand corner.
  5. On the PC, click ‘Settings’ from the menu that drops down.
  6. On the PC, scroll down to ‘Preview’ and flick the switch on that says, ‘Help Microsoft test the mobile import over Wi-Fi feature’.
  7. On the PC, click the back arrow on the top left-hand corner of the app.
  8. On the PC, click the ‘X’ to close the Photos App.
  9. On the PC, repeat step 3 to reopen the app.
  10. On the PC, look for ‘Import’ in the top right-hand corner and click on it.
  11. On the PC, from the dropdown menu, click ‘From Mobile over Wi-Fi’.
  12. On the phone, point the camera at the QR code on the screen of your TV or Monitor/
  13. On the phone, tap any photos you want to transfer.
  14. On the phone, click done.
  15. The photo will then be sent to the PC and you can view it on the Photos App.

Note

This feature can be taken away by Microsoft at any time. It’s only a feature that Microsoft employees have created and may be unstable.

Thinking of using this trick?

______________________________________________________________________________________________

To view more content.pngTo view more of my content, click the blue text just under this, as arrowed in the picture above.

Message 1 of 6
by: dtuxcomp
on: 23/02/2018 | 22:31
@toxiic Good to see that Microsoft are trying to catch up. I don't use windows but for quickness I use the google photos app on my phone to sync photos to its cloud and then I can access them on my PC's, granted this way uses data but for convenience it's ok. For more data heavy transfers I use an FTP app on the phone that works on my home network without needing internet access so uses no data from my goodybag Smiley Happy
Take my advice, I'm not using it Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
by: toxiic
on: 25/02/2018 | 09:35

No problem. I may put it in the Gaff in a couple of weeks if there's room to spread some awareness of it as it's quite handy.

@giffer23

Thanks for viewing @pashmina91, my other content is HERE if you wish to check it out.

Message 6 of 6